shore trips

Alice E

My husband and I are new to going on cruises. We are going on Coral Princess from Vancouver to Whiter in mid August and would like some opinions on shore excursions. We like active stuff, and are not so much into bus/sightseeing/super structured tours. Any advice as to what are "must see, must do" type stuff? Also, should we pre-book, or wait until we're on the ship? Thanks!:)

Alice.... You won't want to miss riding in a helicopter over the glaciers and the beautiful mountains of Alaska....then the helicopter landing on the glacier!

Start saving your pennies....I mean dollars. :D

you need to look at a shore excursion list and narrow down your interests- then repost. Myself- I never book ship tours and always direct with venders. I only recommend having plans and reservations IN PLACE before you arrive- only a limited amount of left over tours will be available at the dock and you don't want to waste a minute in port. :)

My husband and I are typically "active" cruisers. Our typical excursions include sea kayaking, snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, hiking, etc. I agree with Boo's Mom! The helicopter ride with a glacier landing is a don't miss - absolutely fabulous! Also, the Glacier Point Winderness safari in Skagway is fun and adventurous. It includes a catamaran ride, a little bit of hiking, and canoeing, as well as some gorgeous scenery! Definitley pre-book - these are popular tours that will sell out in advance.

Archived