MAJESTY Dry Dock information?

F5Loar

I hear the Majesty is going into a dry dock/refit in October this year.

Does anyone know what work will be done? Any add ons?

How old is this ship and when was it streched?

The Majesty entered service in 1992. She was stretched in 1999 or 2000 (I can't remember offhand). When she goes into dry dock this fall it will be for refurbishing (carpets, paint, staterooms updated). I bet they will probably add more "fee" restaraunts.

What no rock climb wall, ice skate rink or putt putt coarse being added?

Is it that bad in 4 years they will need to replace carpet and mattresses?

Another "fee" resturant we could do without! Just improve the quality of food in main dining room and you shouldn't need any alternate feeding holes.

Hi F5Loar,

I'm just up the road from you in Mocksville. I didn't know that the Majesty was going into dry dock in October. We are scheduled for the first cruise in November out of Charleston, and it sounds like everything should be like new when we board.

When I was on the Majesty in May, they started to replace carpet near the stairtower, while we were at sea.

I wish that NCL could improve the visability in the Palace theater with stadium seating. As it is now, there is very limited unobstructed seating.

Secondly, the plumbing needs repair. Our toilet was inoperable for a short while. The reception desk told us that there were many toilets out of commission, but they should be repaired soon. To the Majesty's credit, the problem was quickly solved.

Every other aspect of our Majesty Bermuda cruise was wonderful. They don"t need to add another cover charge restaurant.

When we were on the ship last November the AC didn't work in our cabin and some public rooms for three days, we had yellow water in our suite every morning, water was shut off every night from midnight to 7 AM, there were buckets in the hallway to catch leaks from pipes, the carpets and furniture in our suite were in bad shape and the ship reeked of cigarette smoke. Drydock is long overdue.

On the positive side the crew was nice, what entertainment there was was very good and the food in the main dining rooms better than what we had on RCI's Mariner.

Wow! Sounds like she is ready for the scrape heap instead of an extreme makeover refit! Buckets to catch the leaks? Were the maintaince men on vacation that week?

Mocksville is up the road from me. I live on Mocksville Avenue and go to Mocksville on the square for the car shows on Mondays. Great town.

Archived