Crown - Seafood Buffet

Voc6

I'm sailing on the Crown Sept 12 and have heard a few people mention the seafood buffet on the first night. Does this really have lobster and shrimp? And, is it better to go here on the first night than to the dining room? (We have anytime dining)

Also, does anyone have any good ways to fill in my quote..."you have to try the_____" :) I alway slove suggestions of what is "to die for" inthe dining room.

Thanks so much!!

I'm sailing on the Crown Sept 12 and have heard a few people mention the seafood buffet on the first night. Does this really have lobster and shrimp? And, is it better to go here on the first night than to the dining room? (We have anytime dining)

Also, does anyone have any good ways to fill in my quote..."you have to try the_____" :) I alway slove suggestions of what is "to die for" inthe dining room.

Thanks so much!!

lobster claws, and shrimp - yes. IMO, not worth skipping the dinner. However, I did both - I went in the dining room (I think - it gets fuzzy), but had already visited the buffet earlier, for a snack.

as for what "you have to try" - the hungarian goulash/dumplings (I got it from the buffet); the various gelatos in the dining room; the fetticuine (sp) alfredo, the filet mignon.... oh, I could list everything!:D

both if you can. We did the seafood buffet for appetizers and had traditional 2nd seating in the dining room the first night. As the other poster mentioned the lobster were claws only and there were plenty of them as well as shrimp. Some have said they were salty, but I didn't think so and I am very sensitive to salt.

You must try the Love Boat Dream dessert, Lemoncello (a yummy beverage) and Tiramasu on Italian Night in the dining room, almost any of the special pastas at dinner, but especially the fettucini alfredo and veal ravioli, sushi in Vines (3/$3.00), the cookies in the international buffet, and the lobster tails atdinner on the second formal night. There's so much. If you eat in the dining room, ask your waiter for recommendations. Ours never steered us wrong. Enjoy!

We also went to the seafood buffet for appetizers and then to the Anytime Dining at 9. The crab was very salty and the lobster was a little salty. The shrimp was OK. We didn't eat too much there.

You have to try the souffles. They had them for dessert a few times and they were really good. I understand that some other lines do not offer souffles in the regular restaurants.

Enjoy!

do both the buffet and formal seating. Don't miss the Lobster on the 2nd formal night (I had 4 tails). Rack of lamb was great, the souffles were by far the best dessert. One other thing not to miss is the comedian named Sarge. I never laughed so much at a show. Oh and the sushi in vines

Archived