Free ice cream on mariner, besides dining room?

Okay, this is definitely not a deep topic but I am curious if there is anywhere on the Mariner that offers free ice cream? I know ice cream is available in the dining room but one of my husband's favorite things on previous cruises is being able to go and get an ice cream cone at random times during the day at one of those self serve type stations. Anything like that on Mariner? Thanks in advance!

We were on the Mariner in June and the ice cream is on the pool deck. It is no longer self serve, they have a worker there to give it out. There is always a long line. There was vanilla, chocolate and strawberry flavors. They had two of these flavors each day. They also have Ben and Jerrys on the promenade but you have to pay for it.

I'm glad to hear it's no longer self serve. There were so many kids (adults too) who would go up and stick their fingers in it and what not. We even saw one kid lick the dispenser--yuck! They had to empty and sterilize the whole thing. In fact, it seemed like they were always having to clean and sterilize it. It's just better, as far as food safety, to have it not be self serve; even if it does mean that we have to wait in line. I wouldn't have gotten a cone from the self serve on a bet.

beachchick

I do not think any food should be self serve. With all the weirdos out there I don't want anything left in my choice from a previous dirty person.

Let alone anything put into the food.....which could happen since cruise ships are #2 to airplanes.

Weren't they angry about the rock wall, too? :D

Not angry, a little bummed. They didn't use it more than once though, so they can build a bridge and get over it. If they were ungrateful and angry they would be staying home.

Just off the Mariner 08/13 and the 'Arctic Zone' is open every afternoon. There are two machines next to each other and one of them was out of order the entire cruise. The one that was operating has frozen yogurt that chocolate, vanilla, or a twist. While most of the time there is an attendant there, we did find on many occasions it was truly a self-serve operation and some folks definitely got carried away with trying to make the Guiness Book of World Records in creating the largest cone possible - - -our kids definitely enjoyed many stops at this location throughout the week.

Archived