The Sanctuary - Crown Princess

KAWS

Is this adults only area included or is there a fee to go there? I saw some pictures and thought it looked so wonderful and relaxing that I figured there has to be some catch.......

Anyone know? And what's in the Sanctuary?

Thanks.

Kim

Is this adults only area included or is there a fee to go there? I saw some pictures and thought it looked so wonderful and relaxing that I figured there has to be some catch.......

Anyone know? And what's in the Sanctuary?

Thanks.

Kim

Great big catch. It is adults only, and is really quiet. It got so popular the first cruise, and there was a big fuss when people couldn't get in, that they started charging a fee.

It is now $15 / 4.5 hours (either morning or afternoon) - I think 5-6pm might be free.

Never been in, either than a short period during the ship tour.

It seems to me that many people are upset or surprised that there is a fee for The Sanctuary. From the pics I've seen, I'd be happy to pay the $15 if I wanted some extra special surroundings and quiet time.

I don't see this to be any different from the upcharges at some of the restaurants. If you want a premium experience/service, I don't have a problem paying for it. I'm sure my wife and I will take advantage of The Sanctuary several times during our 9/21 cruise on the Crown.

I haven't been on the Crown yet, but from what I've read, there is a morning block of time and an afternoon block of time. Not sure what they are exactly, but if the am block is 8:00-12:30, you pay the $15 fee no matter what time you arrive, and it expires for everyone at 12:30. This was asked before, and apparently it is not 4.5 hrs from the time you arrive, nor is it pro rated.

Well I'm definitely going to be using it. For $15 I can have a whole afternoon of peace and bliss during busy summer months and really get into the vacation mode. Oh yeah - it's a small price to pay. And yes, I'd aquaint that to the same thing as spending a small fee for the private dining that I'm also intending to use.

On our anniversary day we will be doing a sea day. I can see me using BOTH of these wonderful services to make it an extra special day for me and hubby. Beautiful. What a great way to spend it.

Kim

Yes. $15 per person / $30 for two.

By 4.5 hours, I think the time is like 8am-12:30, and maybe 1pm-4:30. I'm not looking at anything to verify those hours, so that's just my best memory. (Again, I never used it.) If you show up at 9am instead of 8, you still pay $15, and now you have 3.5 hours.

Nice math, Cathy :D :D (you know that I love you!)

The afternoon session of 4.5 hours is 1 to 5:30. ;)

Other than that, cynbar and friend of Eeyore are correct.

It is free and open to anyone from 5:30 onward.

If you get a spa treatment, you get a "free" hour in the Sanctuary immediately thereafter.

You can get cold fruity water, too. :D

Archived