Elation

CruiserCindy

Hi

We are going on the Elation in Dec. Has anyone been on it Recently? We have been on alot of Carnival Cruises but not the Elation. Any info on it would be appreciated.

Thanks Cindy:)

We had a 7 day cruise on her in June, ask whatever you want, and I'll help anyway I can. There are pics of her in my signature.:)

One of my favorite ships;)

I am leaving on Elation in a couple of weeks. I've cruised Carnival once on a very new ship and was a little worried since my second cruise on an older NCL ship showed me I had been spoiled. Is there anything we should be sure not to miss?

Looking forward to the trip and will post review when I return.

We just got back on the 13th and had a great time. The ship was great as I prefer this size anyway. We had a great waiter along with his assitant (Rogelio and Luis). Everyone was friendly and we also enjoyed the cruise director.

Make sure you go to the passenger talent show. The passengers weren't that great but Jorge really keeps you entertained between the acts. My 11 year old was in tears laughing.

If you have any questions I will try to answer them for you. I know Bubbles has done many postings also. I was reading hers before we left.

Can't wait for my next one:D

...as you can see from above, asking a general question gives you short general responses. You best bet when you need details is to type "elation review" into the search forum link and read the detailed reviews. Then you can come back and ask specific questions.

Have a great cruise!!!

We had a 7 day cruise on her in June, ask whatever you want, and I'll help anyway I can. There are pics of her in my signature.:)

Do you have Capers from your trip? I would love to get a copy of them.

Thanks.

:) Thanks everyone for your replys. I have been on the fantasy a few times I imagine the Elation is very similar. We are doing a 4 day and 5 day back to back. I am sure we will have a great time we always do!

Thanks again

try this link:

http://community.webshots.com/album/551727066yhheZw

then try:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=366184&highlight=elation+capers

between the 2 threads, it should give you a good idea:) p.s.-on the 2nd link, scroll down, and you can't miss them--and on the 1st link, click on the caper you want to see once, then click on it again to be able to read it more clearly.:)

We just returned today from a 7 day Eastern Carribean cruise on the Elation and we had a fabulous time in every way! This was our first Carnival cruise and only our second cruise (first one was 10 years ago on Royal Carribean.) We chose Elation more for the itinerary than for the ship itself but we were not disappointed at all in the ship.

We are a family of five so we opted for two outside cabins on the Main deck, which were more than adequate for our needs. The linens were a pleasant surprise--so soft and elegant (very high thread count!)

The meals in the dining room were better than we expected and the service was excellent. We also enjoyed the nightly entertainment in the Mikado lounge, both for the variety and the quality of the shows.

We used the gym daily and found it to be an excellent way to keep those pounds off! The facility was in good condition and had lots of bikes, ellipticals, treadmills and weights (free and machines.)

The manicure and pedicures are expensive so plan ahead and have them done at home! We learned that one the hard way, when we let our daughters pamper themselves ($100 each--ouch!)

The itinerary was perfect for us. We flew to Miami and then cruised to Coco Cay, San Juan, Saint Thomas and then the Grand Turks. That meant we had one "fun day at sea" at the beginning of the cruise and one at the end.

I'd be happy to answer specific questions.

We just returned today from a 7 day Eastern Carribean cruise on the Elation and we had a fabulous time in every way! This was our first Carnival cruise and only our second cruise (first one was 10 years ago on Royal Carribean.) We chose Elation more for the itinerary than for the ship itself but we were not disappointed at all in the ship.

We are a family of five so we opted for two outside cabins on the Main deck, which were more than adequate for our needs. The linens were a pleasant surprise--so soft and elegant (very high thread count!)

The meals in the dining room were better than we expected and the service was excellent. We also enjoyed the nightly entertainment in the Mikado lounge, both for the variety and the quality of the shows.

We used the gym daily and found it to be an excellent way to keep those pounds off! The facility was in good condition and had lots of bikes, ellipticals, treadmills and weights (free and machines.)

The manicure and pedicures are expensive so plan ahead and have them done at home! We learned that one the hard way, when we let our daughters pamper themselves ($100 each--ouch!)

The itinerary was perfect for us. We flew to Miami and then cruised to Coco Cay, San Juan, Saint Thomas and then the Grand Turks. That meant we had one "fun day at sea" at the beginning of the cruise and one at the end.

I'd be happy to answer specific questions.

:confused: They changed it from Half Moon Cay to Coco Cay?:confused:

:) We are going on a 5day in dec and it leaves from port Canaveral and goes to Key West-Cozumel-and 2 sea days and our 4 day goes to Freeport and Nassau. I didnt realize it will be doing Grand Turks later in the season .That sounds like it would have been nice. I think they have added the Elation to Cape Canaveral because they have moved the Fantasy to new orleans. In any case we will have a great time!

My nephew is getting married on the Elation on 12/24. It will be a small group. Just him, his bride, his mother, his sister in law and his brother. His Dad recently passed away and the family did not think they could do a Christmas at home. Ryan and Kelli have been engaged for years and decided this would help everyone get through the holidays and they could stop worrying about what kind of wedding they wanted to have.

I would love to be there but our budget won't allow a cruise during the holidays. I'd also have a very hard time being away from my grandchildren at that time of the year.

Keep those Elation comments coming. I will pass them on to my SIL.

\quote{Everyone was friendly and we also enjoyed the cruise director.

Make sure you go to the passenger talent show. The passengers weren't that great but Jorge really keeps you entertained between the acts. }

Timothy Proctor!

Sorry we missed each other MaryJo!

Our next cruise is on the Elation but I have to wait a couple years, I'm not sure I can.

:eek: Linda, step away from the computer, pick up the phone! Book another cruise quick! 2008 is toooo far off. Lot's of good deals out there right now. In fact, the Elation in September is a steal, sure you can't join us?:D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived