Tampa Hotels

HMK

I am flying into Tampa the night before my cruise. I see here on the boards lots of hotel choices. As for now, I booked the Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport. No one has mentioned this hotel as a choice in Tampa. Is this a nice hotel? Should I reconsider?

We are staying at the Westin Harbour Island- right across the water from Channelside and the cruise terminal. We have never stayed there before- booked them because it was a Wyndham when we booked and get a friends and family rate through Wyndham. Since then it has changed hands to the Westin and they have been very accomodating- keeping our reservation at the special rate and all. The other day I called Westin to confirm the reservation and got my new confirmation number- when reviewing the reservation I noticed it had originally been made for 2 people 1 room by the Wyndham. When the Westin took over it was changed to 1 person 1 room. The main problem was the reservation was intended to be 3 people one room. I called Westin and they took care of it no problem and with no extra charge. I'm hoping the actual hotel staff is as friendly and accomodating.

I also found out they do have an airport shuttle (for a fee) and will take us to the cruise terminal.

Archived