Questions Re: room safes

woodman

Wife and I are cruiseing one the Grandureu O/S in 20 days(YAAAAAAAAAA)

My question is = are there safes in each cabin? If so do you use a megnetic card to open them or a number combination. Thanks for any replies.

Wife and I are cruiseing one the Grandureu O/S in 20 days(YAAAAAAAAAA)

My question is = are there safes in each cabin? If so do you use a megnetic card to open them or a number combination. Thanks for any replies.

Although I have not been on the Grandeur, all the other RCL ships I have been on have safes with number combinations. I'm sure this will be no different. You will set the combo the first time you close it. Enjoy your cruise!

I'm pretty sure that Splendour and Enchantment had safes which used cards with a magnetic strip unlike the newer ship with number combinations. I'd imagine the Grandeur will also use the magnetic strip. Following advice on Cruisecritic, we took an expired credit card to use

We just got back from the 8/13 sailing of Grandeur to Bermuda. There are safes in the staterooms. You use a credit card to lock and unlock them. On the newer ships you use set up your own PIN number to access the safes. Since I tend to carry only my Seapass card when on board the ship, having to bring along my credit card when I left the stateroom was a bit of a pain, but I got used to it. We loved Grandeur. It's in great shape for its age and the staff is fantastic. Enjoy your trip!

I also just took the Grandeur to Bermuda last week. I used my Seapass card to access/lock the cabin safe. That way I did not have to carry an additional credit card with me. Only small inconvenience was my hubby's card would not work since you can only swipe one card. But that way I felt "in control"!! Have a great time, Grandeur was very nice!

Past listings on this board have said that you can use any mag strip card, for instance, a grocery store bonus card, or the like, the safe just memorizes whatever information is on the strip, and isn't connected to anything that could "read" or "remember" the information on whatever card you use.

Archived