Cruising "Solo" for first time Enchantment 9/21/06

yj2cute

Well, I decided to do it. I've cruised many times either with family or friends, but this is the first time I'll have cruised completely solo. I saw such a great deal on this past Tuesday's Happy Hour Specials for this sailing that I couldn't pass it up.

After I put the cabin on hold, I was thinking of trying to get someone to go with me. I thought of asking my aunt, who I've cruised with on short sailings before, as recently as in June on the June Princess inaugural cruise for 2 nights. Even on THAT short sailing she annoyed me. We love each other, she's 55 I'm 38, but we just do things and view things differently. I don't think we have to be glued to the hip all the time and can do the activities that we each enjoy, while she seems to want to do everything together. We just don't "mix" if you know what I mean. I was trying to think of who'd have the $$ and be available to go on such short notice. One GF volunteered to go with me, but I've traveled with her before and, NO WAY! Never again! So I even picked up the phone to call my aunt and dialed her number, but hung up. I asked myself, why would I torture myself when I'm very independent and like my own company. I go out to eat alone, go to the movies alone and enjoy it because I'm getting away from the hecticness of being with my kids or DH all the time. So, I can take this 4 night cruise alone too. So I decided to just do it!

So, I made my flight arrangements and now I'm just looking forward to enjoying a nice time on the Enchantment. I've been on the ship 2 times before, before the stretching and am looking forward to seeing her again. I will, however, miss the Enchantment's old CD, Matt Baker. He's the best CD I've ever had. So, wish me luck guys, and I'll let you know how it went when I come back!

Archived