Baggage Tags and related documents

bygoner

Just got off the phone with a rep from RCCL. First some background. I reserved and paid for my cruise on the RCCL website. No TA,s. I then went on line and printed out my Set/Sail Pass and other related documents successfully.Oops, my cruise: EOS 10/20/06. My question to the RCCL Rep was: when do I get baggage tags and would I need anything else. She advised I would receive my baggage tags approximately 3 weeks prior to Sail date via E-Mail. I assume I then print them out and affix them to something to attach to my bags. I forgot to ask how that works. Apparently she gleaned this info from my cruise info page in the RCCL computer files. She also advised I would need no other documentation. However I would need a picture ID (in my case drivers license) and my wife and I already have passports.

You ask RCCL to mail you your luggage tags! You don't have the proper type of paper stock to print your own. Call her back, and let her know that what they want to do is unacceptable.

What is happening for those that use TA's is that the TA has the proper stock and labeling program from RCCL.........and they will print our the baggage tags.

All that you need until December 30, 2006 is your set sail pass, and types of identification as already noted.

As a last resort, you can fill out blank baggage tags at the pier.

Rick

You can also request your documents by mail. It is an option when you go view your cruises in the "mycruises" section of the RCCL website. There is a button about 3/4 down that says edit and documents and then choose the mail option.

I just recieved my documents this way from RCCL and we got a nice little spiral notebook, with all our documents, preprinted luggage tags with name and cabin # on them. The book even lists the excursions we prebooked. As a previous Carnival cruiser this level of organization extremely impressed me.

Sue

Archived