Ramada downtown Seattle

I'm booked there for the end of June. What I've read is that it is in the Belltown district and that it is within walking distant to all of the major attractions. I doubt you'll want to walk to the pier w/ luggage though. We plan on taking a cab.

I think, from what I've read, that it has been recently remodeled and s/b a nice clean hotel for a good price. The pictures on their website look nice so I'm hoping it will be a-ok!

When are you going? We arrive June 24th but won't be back home and back on-line until July 6th. I'll post a review then.

12Cruise

Norwegian Star 06-27-04

You're welcome - also, if you haven't already you might want to sign up for their Trip Rewards on the Ramada site and then try to rebook to see if it gives you a better price. Anything less, is worth it!

We have it booked for 3 nights before our cruise and 1 night after so I hope it is as nice and clean as the pictures show.

See ya!

12Cruise

Norwegian Star 06-27-04

I just checked your date using my Trip Rewards # and got $99...and then add tax. Actually it was showing that price with and with out my number. Since you have so much time between now and Sept. I would just keep checking their site and see if you luck into a special. I would check it 2 or 3 times a week. Doesn't hurt and every little bit helps!!

12Cruise

Norwegian Star 06-27-04

hi to all

i just thought i let you know about my hotel search for seattle for 2 nights after the cruise. comfort suites is a new hotel and within walking distance of the needle is only $78 per night with a 60yr plus discount. they have free cont breakfast and a free shuttle that takes you down town and brings you back. they also are only 5 blocks from the momorail. i am thinking about them for us. we want to make sure we have free transportation and breakfast and we cant be sure of that with priceline. i hope this helps.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Crewsin250 just keep in mind that is Labor Day weekend and still height of the tourist season. We will be sailing on the 5th from vancover and will be flying into Seattle the 3rd. I found prices further north for 70.00 a night in a suite so I don't think your price is bad or will get any better. Seattle hosts a big bumpershoot festivel Labor day weekend.

Also it can be a bit of a hike from Belltown to the wharf and downtown depending on how fit you are. There is a trolly that runs from Belltown waterfront to downtown and the wharf. Also a cab wouldn't be that costly. Have a great time in the Emerald City.... Sue icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;09;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Serenade of the Seas Hubbard Glacier Cruise

PS Dustyroad, The monorail had a big electrical fire on Memorial weekend and is closed indefinately. Hopefully it will be up and running by the time you arrive there. I know they don't want to leave it down during the height of tourist season. Sue

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;09;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Serenade of the Seas Hubbard Glacier Cruise

The Ramada has been there forever; I don't recall when Ramada took it over but I recall it had a previous life. It's quite well located, a block from the Westin. I have no idea as to the quality of the rooms or condition. $100 a night is pretty cheap for peak season Seattle, although you might be able to hit the Sheraton or Westin using Priceline at that amount; they would almost certainly be better rooms.

Note that Labor Day weekend is when an enormous performing arts festival is held on the grounds of Seattle Center (monorail - if repaired by then following a recent fire, Space Needle, EMP, etc.) The festival is called Bumbershoot and it runs from the Friday before Labor Day through the holiday itself (i.e. 4 days.) Annually around 350,000 - 400,000 people attend, along with many of their cars. I believe (am not sure but pretty certain) that you can't get to the monorail during Bumbershoot unless you buy a ticket (one ticket for all events) to get onto the grounds. However, the streets all around the center are utterly gridlocked from 9 AM to 11 PM all four days, so I'd hesitate about doing anything that required precision timing if you're staying near Seattle Center.

The good news is that Bumbershoot is a blast - hundreds of acts - music, theatre, poetry - something for everybody, hence everybody comes. It is THE BIG DEAL in the Seattle arts scene for the year. See www.bumbershoot.org for lineups and other info.

thats too bad about the monorail. it would have been a convenient fun little ride. we wont be there untill may of 2005 so hopefully they will be up and running again.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

And don't forget about the free bus system. We hope to use that as well, and the trolly a bit, too. But, weather and legs permitting, we hope to do as much walking as possible.

We are so looking forward to our stay in Seattle. Just a short 11 days and we will be there!!

12Cruise

Norwegian Star 06-27-04

Thanks Gardyloo for the info on the BumberShoot fest. That just gave my son one more reason to be mad with me for not carrying him, icon_rolleyes.gifHe loves Nickleback. Is it safe to walk at night from the Ramada to most tourist att., and can I walk to the BS Fest from the hotel. THanks so much for all the info Paul icon_smile.gif

12CRuise I know you are all excited now you are so close to sailing, but don't forget to let me know about the hotel. I had a down moment on my cruise today I had to make final payment, so now I am in the wait for the DOC mode. Thanks Paul

Paul - I won't forget. I'm starting a journal as soon as we leave for the airport next Thursday...I'm even taking a roll of scotch tape so I can tape tickets, etc in there as we go along. My criteria for the Ramada is that it is Safe and Clean...it doesn't have to be fancy or anything like that. It looks okay in the pictures, don't they all, so I hope it is going to be okay. And I think it will.

We are hitting the ground running once we get to Seattle...we 'are' so excited to be going there...this is like two vacations in one! From everything we've read, Seattle is a fine city and we are anxious to see it for ourselves. Then once we get on the Star we'll relax and see the beauty of Alaska 'also' a first for us. Actually, anything west of the Ole' Miss. is new to us. We've always concentrated on the Eastern portion of the States and the Caribbean...time to spread our wings just a bit, don't ya think? icon_smile.gif

Congrats on the final payment!! What a load off is how I feel about that. Have fun waiting for you docs and all of your planning. I've worn our brochures out and our tour books as well. They are always at hand and at the ready for a quick read!!

I'll holler when I get back!!

12Cruise

Norwegian Star 06-27-04

crewsin250 - We are back!!!! We arrived in Seattle on June 24th and returned home yesterday July 5th. It was a very long vacation and I am glad to be back where it is warm!!! : ) But, due to a tornado that came through here yesterday afternoon we unfortunately came home to our cable being out and computer being out and our sons friend who went with us still has no electricty. We luckily only have a lot of debris in the yard.

The Ramada was just fine. It is very busy and they are working their butts off to accomodate everyone. The front desk personal answered all of our questions cheerfully and seemed like they cared to really help us.

Our rooms were clean, the bathroom was clean, etc. We had stand up showers in both rooms...no tub. There is not enough storage in the shower for shampoo, razor, etc. I just had to put it all in one corner of the shower...there is one place to put bar soap but that was it. When you check in I would get a room with 2 queen beds versus one queen bed. For our pre-cruise stay we had a room with one queen bed. The only complaint I had was that the coffee maker was on the sink and it didn't give you enough room at the sink for your toiletry articles, so I moved the coffee maker over to the desk and set up my coffee making station there. Since we were staying Thurs - Sun this was a smart move. On our return we had a room with two queen beds, the room seemed much larger. Also, since we were only spending one night I did not move the coffe maker.

The hotel is centrally located and was very easy to get to places from. We were only a short walk from the Seattle Center. One hint - when you are leaving the hotel and are walking to the waterfront - do not walk down Blanchard - it is straight down...instead, walk down Fifth a ways until you see some of the streets that are leveled off a bit. Much easier. And it will be much easier upon your return. I will say that we walked our legs off on this vacation. First in Seattle, then on the cruise, and then in Seattle again.

I would stay at the Ramada again....but I would also check out some of the hotels like the Red Lion on 5th...places in that vicinity...it seems that that area is where we were always walking back from. We only spent the one day at Seattle Center...rest of our time was down at Pike Place Market and the waterfront. We always felt safe walking around at night though and it was always 10:30 or later when we were walking back to our hotel and there were always others walking as well. We actually walked back from Safeco Field on the 25th all of the way back to our hotel...it wasn't too bad but let me tell you, when I say Ramada's red awning I was very happy...I coun't have gone much further!

We really did like the Belltown area...very trendy and quite for the most part. I only remember hearing a siren one time. We ate at a Thai restaurant just a few blocks down - towards the Seattle Center, $5.99 for lunch and $6.99 for dinner.

Got to get off right now...bad storm...ask any questions and I'll check back later.

Bye!

Thanks 12 cruise, I'm glad to hear ya'll did not have any damage from the storm. Well are ya'll still soaking your feet from the trip. Did you walk to the pier with luggage, and how did you get from airport to hotel. Was Pikes Place a must, and did you seeing any flying fish. Thanks Paul More ? later

Archived