RCL website...is it just me?

When I try to do anything that involves a secure page on the RCL website, everything suddenly slows down to the pace of a dying snail. If I'm researching cruises or looking up anything, it's fine. But try and do anything personal........

It took me FOREVER to fill out the online guest registration and other stuff for my SetSail Pass. On top of it being slow, it would skip items and then I'd get all the way to the end and it would say incomplete and I'd have to go back to the beginning. For example, I checked "passport" as my form of documentation. It then directed me through the rest of the forms and when I finished it said "incomplete". When I went back through each page, suddenly a box opened up for me to put my pp # in. Where was this box the first time around??? This happened for both guests. I know I did not overlook this the first time because someone was sitting right here with me with passport in hand, ready to enter the #. I had no choice but to go forward. Plus each page loads excruciatingly slow. I have dial up, but my friend says when she does it with her high speed it is still slow.

This is also true when we try to see excursions for our cruise. We can browse all excursions just fine, but if we try to see the ones for our particular cruise and we enter the booking # and other info, it takes quite a while.

Anybody else have this problem?:o It only seems to be with the secure pages.

I just went to the RCI site and logged on in Crown & Anchor and browsed through our reservation and then I hit the excursions (book it area not browse). It seemed fairly normal to me. I can't say RCI has done us any favors with their "improvements" to the site, but it was functional as of two minutes ago.

Last night, all of my reservations were missing and you werent able to shop for cruises on the website. This was around 1:30am.

I have noticed for the last month that Saturday night is now their "update" night. It usually goes down somewhere between 9 & 10 PM eastern and does not come back up until the next morning.

Well, as I said, researching is one thing and I've had no problem with that. It's just when I tried to fill out the online registration that things came to a screeching slow down! And researching excursions by browsing is fine, but if I try to find excursions for my cruise by entering my booking #, it gets slow again. It seems to be anything that involves a secure page. I'm all for security, but it's just trying my patience!

Well, as I said, researching is one thing and I've had no problem with that. It's just when I tried to fill out the online registration that things came to a screeching slow down! And researching excursions by browsing is fine, but if I try to find excursions for my cruise by entering my booking #, it gets slow again. It seems to be anything that involves a secure page. I'm all for security, but it's just trying my patience!

I had no problem registering online and speed was just as fast as the other RCCL pages were. Maybe you just hit a busy time when the site was getting alot of hits?

Archived