us Direct Program out of Vancouver

sjbowler

Has anyone used the us direct program out of vancouver. From what i have been reading about the program it is appealing. they are supposed to take your baggage directly from the ship to the airline. Just wondered if anyone has tried it and if they had trouble.

I did it on the Radiance last year. We loved it. They give you special baggage tags to use the last night for your suitcases. They are actually the airline tags. They take your bags as with any last night of a cruise and you never see them until you get to your home airport.

The morning you leave, everyone on this program goes to a lounge on the ship. They call you by flight times. You get boarding passes and immigration forms then. Next you go to a bus for a ride to the special customs/immigration area outside the airport.

You stay on the bus and wait for an immigration agent. It can take 15-20 minutes until they arrive if many buses are waiting too. They look at everyones documents. In 10 minutes you are then driven to a rear area inside the terminal with a special security check line. Not the same regular line as the public uses. Security takes 10 minutes. Then you walk about 50 yards to a door that opens right into the boarding gate area. Our gate was 25 feet away.

All was very smooth. It took less than an hour from the time we boarded the bus at the ship to be in our seats at the boarding gate.

Very interesting. i read about this program. My question is how do you go about getting started. Do you contact Celebrity first, or do you this on the ship when embarking. If you can tell me that I would really appreciate it.

marilyn

Archived