Knitters Cruise

moknits

I saw a knitters cruise advertised and I'm thinking about signing up. I wanted to know if anyone has ever done something like this before, and how it works. I will be calling the travel agent on Monday for more info.

I know Cruise Critic won't let me link to it but if you google "sea socks cruise and yarn expedition" it should be the first two links. (One is a blog with news about the cruise, and one is the TA I think.)

I'm cruising on RC next week, so I was wondering if I could book on board to get the OBC, but still join this group somehow. (By transferring the booking maybe?)

Here's some details from the website:

You are invited to join us for a Knitting Adventure on the High Seas.

When: April 29th, 2007

Where: Royal Caribbean's Vision of the Seas

What: In addition to your cruise, meals, and entertainment, you will receive an Exclusive Knitting Bag filled with knitting essentials, and exclusive yarn from Mama E of C*EYE*BER Fibers. There will be knitting workshops and knitting sessions all over. Let's fill the ship with knitters!

I'm also wondering if anyone knows about one-way cruises or one-way flights. Will I pay much more for airfare because I'm not returning through the same airport?

• 2 months later...

The sock cruise is sold out, but I found out about another one. It's being done through "Stitches From The Heart", they're a knitting charity who knit for premature babies and send stuff to hospitals all over the States.

It's a 3 day cruise out of LA on April 20, 2007 on Monarch of the Seas.

I found out about it through a friend who went into the store.

The founder of the charity is going to be teaching a class onboard and she said the cruise line will donate some money to the charity. So I guess this is a good one for the fun of the cruise and for a charity.

I couldn't find any information on their website, but I think you can email her

this is the email I got from the website. stitchfromheart@aol.com

Archived