Shore Snorkeling In Nassau

injunjoe

My son and I will be in Nassau next month and were hoping to find a nice calm beach good for doing a little snorkeling from shore. Any suggestions? A nice bar/restaurant on the beach would be a plus for afterwards.

Thanks for any input.

Joe

Well I've snorkeled in three places in Nassau since May... and I can tell you, that so far I haven't found anyplace that has BOTH good beach access snorkeling AND restaurants etc nearby. We went to Cable Beach two weeks ago and while the beach side facilities were great, the snorkeling was pretty limited. Roped off areas, very small area to snorkel and only a few rocks around to give you things other than sand to look at. This would be a great first snorkel experience for some folks or children, but if you're looking for reefs... this isn't it. Trip before that we had the cab driver take us to a spot he "knew of" that was good for snorkeling and it didn't really have a name but it was the big bend in the road on the coast on the way to Cable Beach and it while it had some pretty good snorkeling, it was very rustic. You had to climb down a concrete embankment and good luck with where to put your gear if the tide is in. I've heard of Stuart's Cove, but I don't know if they let you just jump in over there or what. Good luck!

Archived