Ketchikan Kayak Fishing

Toyz711

that's what i thought....but some members have my family have found a website that offers it. paddles out, fishes around the islands. has pictures on his website...but at the moment i can't get his website to load. i am concerned about the weather condition that time of the year. i realize that it's the end of the coho season in late sept.

If you want to go fishing, go out in a real boat. Fishing for large fish is tough from a canoe, ridiculous from a kayak. Just because someone offers it for sale doesn't mean it's a reasonable thing to do. I say that as someone who has spent a lot of time in kayaks and canoes.

Edit: I just found a Web site about it. They aren't real kayaks, they're open boats, which makes fishing from them possible. I still don't see the point being that uncomfortable, and the fact that http://www.yakfishalaska.com/ is dead might mean not many other people do, either.

Murray

personally, i would not even consider it. just got a email, last night, that niece/DH are booking it. considering the time of the year, sept 20, i would think the weather would be iffy for any small boats. regular kayaking for wildlife viewing would be great, in nice weather.:D

i like my fishing too much to try it from a kayak. i can't say anything one way or the other, they do their own thing. but i was wondering about it.

i think it's a little expensive to catching cod.

Archived