Boston-No. End Market Tour

CEV426

Does anyone have any prior experience with Michele Topor's "North End Market Tour"? (www.northendmarkettours.com) I would really like to do this, but our ship is in Boston on Thurs (a day they don't normally offer tours) I am inquiring about a private tour. ( need 10 people though)

Also, anyone have any info on www.photowalks.com? I may try this as an alternative if above tour does not pan out.

Check out http://www.bostonusa.com/ to see if there is any more information. There is an 800 number on the siteyou can use to call them. If you cannot get any information on the tour you are looking for, you might be able to find another tour for that area. It is not far from the cruise dock and it would be a short cab ride there. Good Luck.

I heard back from Michele from North End Market Tours and she has had other interest in a tour on my date....so she is going to run a tour on that day. :D It's on October 5 in case anyone is interested.

• 1 month later...

Just back from Boston and the North End Market Tour......I can't rave enough about this tour. If you are a foodie like me, you'll love it. I thought I knew a thing or two, but Michele is a plethora of knowledge about the neighborhood, the food, the history and the culture. The tour is a history lesson, cooking lessons, buying guide and so much more. If you like to cook, or even if you just appreciate good food this tour is for you. Oh...and did I mention the tidbits to taste along the way? :D

We did the MBTA from the terminal. SL2 to South Station. Red line to Park St.....to Green Line to Haymarket stop. It took maybe 20 min for these 3 connections during rush hour. Awesome!

www.northendmarkettours.com

When my husband and i go down to Boston we always stay right in the North End. Theres a little place right next door to the Paul Revere house that is only available to merchant marines (my husband is one) Its so awesome in the N. End. I always feel safe walking around there on my own. I brought my niece down a few years ago for her birthday to see The broadway show The Lion King (it was awesome!!) and we were both starving, it was like 11 at night, i went to grab something while she stayed at the "hotel" i felt safe walking to grab us some pizza.

Did you go to Mikes Pastry? mmmmm yummmm canolis.

• 2 weeks later...

The north end/fanueil hall are right next to each other. no need to spend money on the tour. just ask the natives and they'll show you the way. best pizza at fanueil hall is pizzeria regina. new england clam chowder is awesome too. plenty of great places to get delicious nibbles and also adjacent to the eating part is a building that has plenty of nick nack trinkets to buy. plenty of cute and quaint bars too. you could do the freedom walk yourself if you have the time just by following the path on the ground. ask someone and again they'll guide you. also the aquarium is right there next to the marriott long worth hotel. it's a excellent aquarium and not too expensive. you can also take a tour boat ride right at the aquarium. north end is fun. the italians are the real thing trying to sell you fruits and veggies. just don't touch. sausage grinders are great. pastries are the real thing too.

have fun!

The north end/fanueil hall are right next to each other. no need to spend money on the tour. just ask the natives and they'll show you the way. best pizza at fanueil hall is pizzeria regina. new england clam chowder is awesome too. plenty of great places to get delicious nibbles and also adjacent to the eating part is a building that has plenty of nick nack trinkets to buy. plenty of cute and quaint bars too. you could do the freedom walk yourself if you have the time just by following the path on the ground. ask someone and again they'll guide you. also the aquarium is right there next to the marriott long worth hotel. it's a excellent aquarium and not too expensive. you can also take a tour boat ride right at the aquarium. north end is fun. the italians are the real thing trying to sell you fruits and veggies. just don't touch. sausage grinders are great. pastries are the real thing too.

have fun!

• 2 months later...

Archived