Staybridge Plantation

cathyoo

I am considering this hotel for 3/15/07. Dh and I are flying in for our cruise but my mom and sister will be driving. They are not the type to plan ahead so they won't make up their minds whether to drive down from Melbourne, FL the day of or the day before until the week of the cruise.

I thought if I booked a suite they could always crash on the sofabed and if they didn't it would be no loss to me.

Was hoping for some recent feedback on the hotel, the area and if they offered parking for the length of the cruise?

thanks for any information you can share.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Staybridge for a terrific price ($56.) per night for DD and I to use in December 3 nights pre-cruise. I will let you know what I think in early January if you email me directly and remind me.

lindahcanda@hotmail.com

The reveiws on trip advisor were all good. I like you am looking to see what others in the area think.

Bequia is an excellent source of information in FLL.

LHC

• 4 weeks later...

Hi....I live here....the area of Plantation is ok, but it really is a suburb, not a "vacation" spot...

It is NOT near the airport or cruise port....not near the beach, the intercoastal or anything else that is particularly "Ft Lauderdale"

I guess it would be ok for a night if they offer transportation, but really it is gonna be like any other American city, mall/chain restaurants etc

Ft Lauderdale itself is super, I live in the suburbs but enjoy going to the beach /tourist area proper. Plantation is just like any other suburb/mall/area except some palm trees

Archived