gay travel on Celebrity??

donkeytiara

My lesbian/gay friends are considering joining us on a cruise on Celebrity to Alaska. What are the benefits and drawbacks of travelling on a straight cruise if you're gay? Any feedback greatful here, as it would be their first cruise and we all want it to be as good as it gets!

Cruised with Celebrity four times, and been on over twenty cruises. Don't see any problems for your friends- the scenery is spectacular, no matter what your orientation! Alaska cruises do attract more parents traveling with kids these days, so our cruise wasn't exactly hopping like a disco late at night, but, then again, we don't need that.

Staff are all respectful, and I have had no issues with passengers.

Andrew

Same here, we just got back from the East Med aboard Galaxy and had a great time. The steward didn't even bat an eyelash when me and my partner asked for adjoining beds. Can't wait for the Baltics aboard Century next summer... Angel:cool:

Hey D.T.:

If you have not already done so, you may want to direct your friends to read the articles on G&L cruising which the wonderful folks at CruiseCritics have posted to this site.

To find the articles, here's all you do:

1) In the upper left corner of this site's top menu bar, click "Home."

2) Choose "CruiseStyles" from the menu.

3) Choose the "Gay/Lesbian" option.

There you will see six articles about Gay/Lesbian cruising. One of them even highlights Celebrity!

... hope this helps! :)

Paul

My wife and I have been on the Galaxy and we're going on the Zenith in a few weeks. There was one staffer on the Galaxy (a photographer) who was a little weird about us being a couple, but everybody else was fine. I suspect the CD may have been family too, but I don't know for sure. We actually didn't see any other family on board, although we weren't looking too hard. I plan to ask for a FOD party on Zenith if there isn't one scheduled; I have heard Celebrity is quite happy to host them.

I have also been on celebrity and was treated "famously", we had a few issues when we boarded and got to our suite, but anyone would have had the same problems. The took care of the problem and everything was fantastic after that. They had a FOD party too, there was only like 10 G&L couples that attended, but it was nice that they did it for us.

We've had nothing but positive experiences on Celebrity. I guess that's why it's become our favorite of the four cruise lines we've tried. Of course, making friends and aquaintences before and on the cruise has also helped :)

• 2 weeks later...

I travel exclusively on Celebrity. You will have an amazing time. It's been my experience that birds of a feather...we all seem to come together. I've also met some of the most amazing "regular people" onboard. Celebrity tends to have more upscale feel and with that I've noticed a more liberal bunch of passengers. Relax and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I have cruised on Celebrity 3 times previously and have our 4th cruise in Oct 2006. We have always had a wonderful time and have seldom had problems with staff. We did have one cabin attendant that was a bit uneasy at the beginning but after the 3rd day he was very friendly.

Atlantis all-gay cruises for LGBT community often uses RCCL & Celebrity ships for cruises. We have not taken an all-gay cruise. We did ask a few of the crew members and they said the cruises are always lots of fun since our community definitely knows how to have a great time on vacation.

Archived