Will I like Celebrity Millennium??

jmd2189

We have been on one cruise before with my family 2 1/2 years ago with RCCC and we absolutely loved it! We would give it 5 stars - loved everything about it! We are planning another cruise and wanted to go with a group of friends this time, but we thought they were going to pick RCCC and then switched it to taking Celebrity Millennium. We are a little frustrated because we thought we had decided as a group and then one of the couples changed it - plus we know nothing on this cruise line and we know we love the other one already. We are not sure if it is worth trying and going with the group or if we would be better off going alone together this time and going on what we know we like. We are in our 20's and heard that Celebrity ships have 60's and 70's age groups majority on them and not sure if we would like that either?? Plus my brother and his wife tried Celebrity Zenith last year and did not really care for it - liked RCCC lots better. Can someone tell us any pros and cons on this ship and what they feel would be a better decision. We are unsure right now, but want to decide soon. Love to hear different opinions....

I hope you will like the Millennium, but I really have no way of knowing for sure.

It is very different from the Zenith, in both size and age. The Millennium is the first of its class, which is the largest, in the Celebrity fleet and offers a specialty restaurant and spa cafe. Celebrity's halmark is the vey high level of onboard service that it offers.

It does not have rock climbing walls or surfing pools. It only has one public announcement all day, at noon, so if you want to join in a Bingo game or a round of Karayoke, you will have to remember when and where it is.

The Celebrity ships tend to be a little more sedate than the RCCL, but that does not mean that there is nothing to do. On our Baltic cruise I would say the age group was closer to the 50s than 60-70. The age group on your cruise will probably depend on where and when and for how long you are cruising. Short, holiday related cruises tend to have more young people with families on board.

It's hard to know what specifically to tell you unless you want to tell us more about what you liked and didn't like about your last cruise.

Susan

That's a rough one. If you are in your 20's but enjoy the nicer things then Celebrity will please you. It is owned by RCCL but this is their 'upper' line. The food and service are better on Celebrity and the Millennium is a nice ship. She isn't the 'big boy' that RCCL has so if you are more interested in a rock climbing wall and skating rink Celebrity is not for you. The Zenith is Celebrity's oldest and smallest ship and I can see where some people might not care for her - the Millennium is much newer, bigger and nicer.

As for the age thing I have met all different ages on Celebrity. Yes, I think overall the average age is older than that on RCCL but that doesn’t mean you won't find others your age. As a matter-of-fact I have met three different sets of friends on a Celebrity cruise - all in my age group: upper 30's now but it was 20's when I started with Celebrity, and we have all become great friends who now cruise together every year as a group. We all agree that Celebrity is our favorite and preferred line if only they would offer some new itineraries. We are tired of the same ports of call each time.

Perish the thought but I am middle age (41) and I love, adore, can't think of a better ships than the Millenium and Constellation. But that is because I am not a partier. I like ambiance and service.

So for 20 somethings that have enjoyed Royal Carribean- I can't say definitively that you will like it better.

But I love the Millenium and Constellation. It is a family type cruise thought with multi-generations. It is not a twenty-something, casual crowd by any means.

P.S: I liked the Zenith but it is small by today's standards and doesn't have the amount of one board activities of the mega ships.

As a 26 year old female who often cruises with her family and other friends (we range in age from 13 through 80), we have always had a wonderful time. I like the "little" things that make Celebrity make me feel special. Although, I would like to try a RCCL cruise - I think all those things to do could be lots of fun. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask (daytime vs. nighttime stuff). Good luck with your decision!

I've sailed Voyager of the Seas twice and Millenium twice. Loved them all. As noted there's no rock climbing, mini-golf, etc. on Millenium, but you'll find things on Celebrity you won't find on RCCL.

We're in our 40s with kids. We never noticed much difference in the age groups on either cruiseline.

Archived