Scooter Rental

madaamt

Hey Everyone. Has Anyone Rented Scooters For The Day In Grand Cayman?. Dh And I Are Thinking This Would Be A Nice Day And A Nice Way To See The Island. WHAT IS THE COST? AND FOR HOW MANY HOURS. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Hey Everyone. Has Anyone Rented Scooters For The Day In Grand Cayman?. Dh And I Are Thinking This Would Be A Nice Day And A Nice Way To See The Island. WHAT IS THE COST? AND FOR HOW MANY HOURS. THANKS IN ADVANCE

while inexpensive and 'fun'

WAY too many learn that they a) didn't know how to ride a motorized bike; b) didn't know how to drive on the other side of the road; and c) didn't expect the reality of the resident island drivers.

The outcome is TOO many heading home hurt....or worse.

As a former ship's captain who banned renting mopeds by his crew because he got his fill of calling the folks back home to explain why their loved one was seriously hurt, or worse ... PLEASE walk, take a cab or a bus but do NOT rent a moped.

{even if you ride a Harley every day in the states....you don't drive on the left nor do you experience 'island drivers'}

want links to some real OBITs??? I have them ....

Well Capt Bj... You Just Scared The Hell Out Of Me!!! Thanks I Haven't Even Taken Those Things Into Consideration. Well, I'm Off To Find Another Excursion.:( That Must Be Why Carnival Doesn't Offer This As An Excursion???

while it is not my intention to scare you, if it keeps you off the bike, I'll mark it as a success.

For other readers, while 'quality in GC may not be an issue, it is something to add to my list in some other places. The mopeds are often poorly maintained and brakes may not be very functional....

Altho I can cite very 'worst case' examples, one case where the injuries were not fatal was worth remembering.

One who was "a rider" but was not ready for the patch of sand they hit in a turn, laid the bike down in decent biker fashion. On top of the typical 'road rash', she came to sit on the exhaust as this happened and her bikini bottom offered little protection :eek: . The burn wasn't too serious and while she was able to return to the ship, butt the next few weeks were blessed with a constant reminder whenever she tried to sit....

Just got back from western carib.

Carnival actually tells you not to ride scooters or mopeds in port.

When coming back on ship from Cozumel, there was a group of people ahead of us that had a terrible scooter accident. 3 of them were involved. BIG scratches and scrapes and the one girl could barely walk. They had to PAY for the entire scooters for each of them even if they weren't totaled or the people were calling the cops! 500 bucks each!

I think they were very lucky to not get killed and Cozumel didn't have nearly as much traffic as in Grand Cayman. Grand Cayman traffic is very congested from what I saw from being there this past week.

Archived