San Francisco Parking

cruznliz

We are in the process of booking the Dawn Princess for September 2007 and were wondering how much the parking is near the pier. It is an 11 day cruise. Would we be better off parking outside the city and taking a taxi to the pier? :eek:

Right across the street from the ship pier (pier #35) is Ace Parking. Currently $12 a day CASH ONLY. Very convenient tho, five minute walk across the street to the ship. Drop off your bags at pier 35 curb, turn left at the immediate light and gargage is directly on your left, couldn't be better. Here's the link:

http://www.sfmerchants.com/cruise_terminal/parking.htm

there are hotels that will allow you to park in their lots if you stay one night and then will provide a shuttle to the pier. The charge is less than parking at the pier. BTW,ACE requires its money upfront. I'd say come in the the City a couple of days early, enjoy it and then take your cruise.

Charlie

I agree with Spike, come in a day or so early and use one of the many hotels that will keep your car for free if you stay at their facility prior to your cruise. Many have a fly/cruise or a drive/cruise option that also includes breakfast and a shuttle to the ship.

Last year we stayed at the La Quinta Inn prior to our cruise to Alaska. We were able to stay at the hotel, have breakfast and was shuttled to the ship for less than the pier parking was going to cost. The only fly in the ointment is that you need to grab a cab or make arrangement for a shuttle to take you back to the hotel once you disembark.

Deb: The La Quinta Inn sounds like a great idea. Is there any public transportation from that location to Fisherman's Wharf for pre-cruise sightseeing? I know we'll have the car with us, but the prospect of driving and short term parking in SF doesn't sound like much fun. :eek:

Thanks for your help!

Spikesgirl or anyone who can help:

Is there something closer than La Quinta? That seems so be near the aiport, quite a ways away. If anyone could provide the name of a 3* or better hotel that does a park & sail package, that just may work for us. We were going to take a town car to the pier, but due to the unknown time when we will actually get off the ship, bringing our own car may be better.

Thanks,

Sha

I have not heard of stay one nite and parking is free in the city itself. Parking is very expensive is San Francisco. We lived there until 2003. In 2000 parking was $275 on a monthly basis - in a so so garage in SF. We still go back and visit a couple of times a year. $12.00 a day is a bargain. Many hotels charge $25 per day and up even if you stay there. I don't know where you are driving from - but maybe a shuttle or friend is an alternative. 5 years ago we paid $18 in the far out long term lot at Oakland airport. I would do the $12.

Archived