MAASDAM Cabin Question

flaman

Thinking of taking Caribbean cruise aboard the Maasdam early next year. Has anyone stayed in one of the inside cabins on the Navigation deck (I-029, 031, or 039).? I know it sounds awful to have an inside in the Caribbean, but the Seaview pool is down the hall, and there are not as many cabins on this deck. Does this pool area get as much use as the one on the Lido deck? These rooms are affordable, and I thought we could just spend a lot of time outside at the pool and then spend the money we saved on extras. The verandas that are left are double the price, that's almost $1700 more for the 2 of us.That's a lot of Pina Coladas! For about $700 more we could get an outside, anyone stay in one of the D's in the back of the lower prominade deck. They at least have a window, but are much lower and I heard the ends can be bumpy, but it might be a great view out the window! I know all this is really kind of whatever floats your boat, but we've never cruised before , so Any insights from the experienced would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Andy and Suzy

Andy & Suzi - for some quick info go to the Search function on this board and type in the number of the cabin on which you would like feedback. Click on Holland America in the list of cruise lines and whatever threads mention these cabins will pop up. You can inquire about either a specific cabin, a category, a ship or anything else. This will probably save you some time and increase your available data base.

Bill

I didn't stay on Navigation Deck, but did spend 35 days in an inside on the Maasdam last Summer. I thought it was fine.

As a matter of fact, it was fairly far aft on Lower Promenade. I didn't notice anything "bumpy"---and I was in the far north Atlantic (which can get bumpy!). There was some vibration as we docked, but I was usually up getting ready for the port by then.

Does this help at all?

Archived