A PVP at Carnival gave all of my information to someone over the phone!!!!!!!!!!!

crazycruzer68

I had not discussed my vacation with this person because we had did vacations together in the past and I wasn't going down that road again. Lucky me, she decides to surprise us and join us on the cruise. She called Carnival and found a PVP who gave her all and I do mean all, price that we paid and cabin number to this person. She is checking on airfare and work schedules to see if they are able to go.

I called and spoke with a supervisor about this and because I don't know who she spoke with nothing can be done. Whatever could have been done wouldn't have helped me the damage was already done. Now this much longed for and much needed vacation could be ruined, thanks Carnival!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a thought....can you call the woman and through "casual" conversation find out the name of who she spoke with? :confused: My guess is that she has the contact info for when she is ready to call back and book their trip. That would give you what you need to take up the privacy issue with the Supervisors at Carnival.

We also had a similar situation a couple of cruises ago. We intended to go by ourselves - then friends "invited" themselves. We let it go - trying to be nice :rolleyes: . I'm not sure I would do that again. I think I would have to at least try to explain that this was a private get away and that we would prefer to be cruising alone. I know that is much easier said than done. If they end up crashing your trip I hope that you can still enjoy it. :o

I agree with happy cruizin, call this lady and see if you can get some info from her about who they booked with. Then call carnival with that info and talk with a supervisor. I would then request that this person's room be moved as far from your own as possible. If that doesn't work remind the supervisor that this country has privacy laws and you feel they have been broken by this pvp. Laws are made for a reason and when broken it's you right to do something about it.

Good luck. I too would be very upset if our info was given out.

Just a couple of thoughts that might help (if she does get booked):

1. Do call Carnival and explain what happened and how this effects you.
  2. Make notes and get the supervisors name for future reference.
  3. Have the supervisor insure that your bookings cannot be linked. Emphasize that you do not want to be seated at the same table with this couple.
  4. If the booking is done, have the supervisor check her cabin number. You don't need to know it but, if the supervisor says that it is in the vicinity of yours, find out where they can move your cabin to so you are not constantly bumping in to the couple.

Is there even a remote chance that you posted info about your trip here on Cruise Critic and this person saw it? Since you've travelled before, perhaps she surfs the board too and saw something here....

You can hope that this is the case. If so, she may already be reading about your problem and get the hint.:D (Although, folks that are like that seldom think that you really mean them.)

Charlie

Goodmorning All-

I am so sorry to the OP about your situation...However I have a question that someone else posed, Of course this is "possible" but do you really think that info did not slip out and reached the other party? I only say this because when I booked a group I was given a password AND believe it or not family members did try and call carnival and bombard them with questions- and Carnival simply had them re-route back to me........I am not saying it didnt happen or that your PVP is right or wrong, just wanting to mention what happened to me....

I was forthright in telling those family members Love ya, but I dont want to be bothered with you...Please speak to another TA to assist you with your needs from here on out, and I cancelled the whole thing under my name and had them bug someone else.....:p

I do hope this works out for you though....

tahiti:D

See if you can have your stateroom changed, to another deck and part of the ship. Put some distance between you and them. Also try to get your dinner seating changed. Play it all off when you board, like you had no idea they could do that.

This will give you some much needed space. and the ability to pick and choose when you interact with them.

Either that or slip something in her drink. Nothing dangerous, just a little something to help her sleep, all day.

or, slip a little something in Your drink, so no matter what she does, it's too funny not to laugh...

If your DH's friend is as nice as you say, enjoy his company, have a good time.

I was once stuck on a 45ft. yacht(small-no where to hide) with 5 other people. One was an absolute BI$CH! My cousins wife. I love my cousin to death, but his wife(now ex-wife) was like sandpaper. Nothing made her happy, Pissed and moaned about everything. By day 3 I was ready to pitch her over the side. But then, I started having a little more wine with dinner, started drinking rum punches for breakfast. Soon, she wasn't even there. Everytime she opened her mouth to speak, I just looked up at the clear blue sky, listened to the water rushing by, the sails hammering against the wind.

What? I'm sorry, did you say something?

Just ignore her, she will dissapear like the wind.

JMO

good luck

Vincenzo:)

See if you can have your stateroom changed, to another deck and part of the ship. Put some distance between you and them. Also try to get your dinner seating changed. Play it all off when you board, like you had no idea they could do that.

This will give you some much needed space. and the ability to pick and choose when you interact with them.

Either that or slip something in her drink. Nothing dangerous, just a little something to help her sleep, all day.

or, slip a little something in Your drink, so no matter what she does, it's too funny not to laugh...

If your DH's friend is as nice as you say, enjoy his company, have a good time.

I was once stuck on a 45ft. yacht(small-no where to hide) with 5 other people. One was an absolute BI$CH! My cousins wife. I love my cousin to death, but his wife(now ex-wife) was like sandpaper. Nothing made her happy, Pissed and moaned about everything. By day 3 I was ready to pitch her over the side. But then, I started having a little more wine with dinner, started drinking rum punches for breakfast. Soon, she wasn't even there. Everytime she opened her mouth to speak, I just looked up at the clear blue sky, listened to the water rushing by, the sails hammering against the wind.

What? I'm sorry, did you say something?

Just ignore her, she will dissapear like the wind.

JMO

good luck

Vincenzo:)

Hmmmmmm.....rum punch for breakfast. Now THERE is one heck of an idea. :D

Hmmmmmm.....rum punch for breakfast. Now THERE is one heck of an idea. :D

YES, all the healthy benefits of the fruit punch for your vitamins and minerals, plus a little alcohol to help dissipate the excessive body heat that comes naturally in the Caribbean sun.

I can justify anything...

I never drink before noon...well...It's gotta be noon somewhere:rolleyes:

vincenzo:D

Actually if this had happened to me I'm just vindictive enough to call Carnival today and change my cruise to another ship, wouldn't matter where it was sailing. Talk about a surprise. That would surprise everyone involved!:D

Dianne

To the OP: I would be upset too. I know you are in a hard situation but I would try to call the airline and see how hard it would be to transfer your flight to a different date/location. If they would let you, I would switch my cruise! We have friends like that too and I would refuse to be on the same ship as them.

Like some of the others have mentioned, I would write Uncle Bob with your concerns. This is a serious matter and could be a stalker's dream come true. This needs to be addressed so it doesn't happen again. And if you get something free out of the deal, more power to you! I'm not an advocate of trying to something for nothing but I think that this is a situation that could have compromised you. If you do contact CCL, please update us!:)

Wow, sounds like that PVP really dropped the ball! You have every right to be upset, and I would definitely continue to try and find out the name of the PVP who screwed up. That person needs a reprimand, to say the least.

This "friend" of yours who invited herself and her hubby along on your cruise was extremely rude to just bully her way onto your cruise. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about hurting her feelings. Just call her and tell her you and your hubby do not want company on this cruise. If that makes her mad, so what?

She knew we were taking a cruise because we didn't go to Mexico with the "group" this year. We do a family vacation away every other year and the odd year we do a friends vacation. We love to camp and boat so we a week every year doing that with the family. We enjoyed ourselves with our daughter on last years cruise we wanted to take her again this year. We cancelled Mexico mainly because of this person, that's why I am certain that my DH didn't give any information to anyone other than it was a cruise. We have a fall break and she knows when that is so finding the week we are going wasn't that hard, I don't know how hard it was to get the PVP to give out the information.

I have called once and spoke to a supervisor but after reading some of these posts I think I will call again. I wasn't even thinking about the stalker thing, know I am pissed again, anyone can make up a story about wanting to surprise friends.

I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Last year, my mom and I sailed the Conquest with my cousins and Aunt and Uncle. They had already had booked their reservation when we made ours and all my mom did was let our PVP know we would be joining family members who were already booked and would like our room to be on the same deck and have the same dining time. They had only asked my cousin's name and were able to locate their reservation and assured us a room on the same deck even though we all booked a gty balcony. They did not give us any of their booking info.

I highly doubt a pvp would offer up someone elses info without proper identification. I know with my current booking, everytime I've called they have given me the 3rd degree to assure I am allowed such info. It is possible however, with my experience from last year linking our reservation to my cousin's booking they would be able to offer info on whether or not the type of room you booked/deck was still available. And the price may not have changed and they were offered the same price you were.

Basically when it comes down to it- tell your friend to get a life and let her know she is not welcome on your vacation.

Someone earlier gave you great advice. Call Carnival and tell them they have effectively ruined your vacation. You can even exaggerate a little yourself to prove your point, tell them this woman has been stalking your husband (with this move, that doesnt sound like such a stretch!) and now she is on your cruise with your family b/c Carnival gave out your personal information. "Request" that they move you onto another ship going on a similar intinerary (if applicable) that same week and make them pay for the difference. (Someone said that above) And if your category room is not available on that ship they should upgrade you.

The problem you might have is that they wont believe you. They can look up the PVP that booked her trip, but I'm sure that person will deny everything. If they dont do anything to help you out, write a letter to the corporate offices documenting everything. cc their legal department.

Wow, sounds like that PVP really dropped the ball! You have every right to be upset, and I would definitely continue to try and find out the name of the PVP who screwed up. That person needs a reprimand, to say the least.

This "friend" of yours who invited herself and her hubby along on your cruise was extremely rude to just bully her way onto your cruise. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about hurting her feelings. Just call her and tell her you and your hubby do not want company on this cruise. If that makes her mad, so what?

I still don't believe they don't know who gave out the info. When you call any other company they usually make a notation so they know who you talked to. A company the size of CCL probably does too but are trying to cover their proverbial backside.

Bill

After speaking to 3 different supervisors, I have been given 2 drink coupons per person! I really wasn't after anything, proving what happened I knew would be hard, but these supervisors act as if they have just given me the keys to the best cabin on ship! Trust if she goes 2 drink coupons per person will not be enough for the first afternoon!

Archived