Navigator vs. Jewel

Would appreciate any comments/comparisons between the two ships. We are travelling with our 16 year old son for February vacation. We went on Voyager last year. It seems what I've read that Jewel is not the Voyager class and doesn't have as much stuff on it as the Navigator. We loved Voyager. Any suggestions. Both seem to have similar itineraries - one is 8 days - one 7 days.

Thanks in advance for all your feedback!

Well, there only two things Navigator has that Jewel doesn't - the ice skating rink and the Royal Promenade - but there are tons of things the Jewel has that make up for it. First of all, the Jewel has a lot more glass and views to the outside than the Voyager class, so it is a more open feeling, elegant ship. The adults only solarium is covered. There are self leveling pool tables (only found on the Radiance class). Instead of the Cafe Promenade, the Jewel has the Solarium Cafe for snacks, plus the SeaView Cafe which does made to order sandwiches, salads, desserts, etc. In addition, the Jewel feels less crowded than the Voyager class.

Plus when you add in an extra day of cruising, I would take the Jewel over the Navigator - and I am, come join us on the February 10th sailing of the Jewel.

we discussed these 2 ships before settling on Nav. (We're on same cruise w/ TennisLover).

Since we have a group-we felt there was more to offer the wide range on ages. (jewel was actually first choice but not available when we originally wanted to go)

On the other hand- Jewel is an additional day.

What is the price differences? Would you be using the ice skating? Do you want a smaller/larger ship?

Good luck in choosing-Im sure you'll be happy w/ either one!

Having been on both ships. I still couldn't tell you which one to go on, I love them both, We were on the Jewel this past April, thought we would really miss the Promenade more, big not a big deal as there is a lot to do on the Jewel too, Sure we love the Navigator and mariner, but the ice skating shows are ok, not a factor...We did love the seaview Cafe on the Jewel, open til 1:00 am every day, and the Cuban Sandwiches and onion rings were sooooooo good...The bonus of the Jewel was that is was an 8 Day cruise, it might not seem like much, but that added day was so nice..

I am a little partial to the Jewel, since I played Bingo on Good Friday this past April and won the "Win a Cruise Bingo" we are on the Freedom on Sept 3 of this year, 11 days from now..

You'll have fun which ever you decide to go on.

Archived