Bon voyage room decorations

Jante

Has anyone ordered the "Bon voyage" (or other) cabin decorations thru Carnival? Do they just deliver the stuff and you put it up yourself, or do your cabin decorated already when you board? (Would love to surprise kids - its their first cruise - but it won't be much of a surprise if they have to decorate themselves!)

It is already decorated for you when you board. But make sure you get everything you paid for as they have a habit of not including somethig and then you have a tough time getting it after the fact. We had a birthday decoration in our cabin on the Miracle in May and are still waiting on the keychains that were supposed to be included. They never even bothered to tell us that they weren't there. I just happened to know what was supposed to be there. Make sure you go to the pursers desk immediately and let them know. They will notify Carnival and give you a letter with a code on it so you can call them every week and ask where the heck they are. We sailed 2 months ago (May 9) and we are still waiting for them!!!

We also did the birthday decorations for my husband's birthday and the decorations were great! Brightly colored streamers/balloon/4 crepe multi-colored balls/a birthday cake --- everything was up when we arrived and it looked great. We kept them up throughout the cruise and it reallly brightened the cabin. I think it was worth the $30 ... but come to think of it, we didn't get the keychains, either!!

Yep........that's the same thing that happened to us. And they didn't bother to say anything about it either. I had to do it myself. And I still don't have the dumb things!!! $32.00 was an awful lot for decorations and a cake considering they advertised key chains with it and they didn't give them.

If you board earlier then 1pm I would stay out of the cabin and give the person time to get the decorations done. By 1pm it should be there. It was a nice feeling to see when I opened the door. (I never got key rings either- think I gave up that long ago

I checked the Carnival website and for 32$ you no longer get the cake. You have to buy the cake separately. They range in price from $7.95-$9.95.

Wow --- that's unbelievable. You'd think they would throw in the cake!!! It's just a little cake ... not worth paying extra for!

Just got back on Sunday and Had the Bon Voyage pkg. The cake was delicious. The room decorations were perfect.We did recieve key chains. It was our first cruise and my daughter loved the red and blue streamers with anchors and dispay. We brought some of it home

Archived