Deck 6 Balcony Cabin

I tried doing a search both yesterday and today but it doesnt seem to work for me anymore so I'm just going to ask you guys.

Because of a price change with the balcony guarantee I had, my room was changed. I now have a D3 cabin on deck 6. I remember reading somewhere that some people didnt like the deck 6 balconies because they are a little different than the rest.. I was hoping for everyone's opinion on this. Are the deck 6 balconies bad or is it not a big deal for those of us who are pretty much happy with almost anything?

-Jessica

I tried doing a search both yesterday and today but it doesnt seem to work for me anymore so I'm just going to ask you guys.

Because of a price change with the balcony guarantee I had, my room was changed. I now have a D3 cabin on deck 6. I remember reading somewhere that some people didnt like the deck 6 balconies because they are a little different than the rest.. I was hoping for everyone's opinion on this. Are the deck 6 balconies bad or is it not a big deal for those of us who are pretty much happy with almost anything?

-Jessica

What ship?

If you are talking about the explorer,the only big difference on 6 would be if you have an Aft cabin..

Yes, I am talking about the Explorer. Cool.. I'm glad there is no difference.. I could have sworn someone said the balconies were different.. as in they weren't plexi-glass and you couldnt see the ocean when sitting down in the balcony.

I have read that the balconies on deck 6 of The Explorer are all metal surrounds. That being said, I read a review just yesterday, I believe, where the occupants of a deck 6 balcony said they could still see the ocean from a sitting down position. Others have said that the plexiglass gets so spotted with ocean spray that it is not all that big of a deal.

My opinion, is if you are not that particular, you should have no problem with deck 6. I have tentatively booked cabins on this deck, and have no problems with it. (I say tentatively because we are not sure that we will be cruising this sailing, not because I may change the cabins)

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it. There have been pictures posted of both types of balconies. Do a search on Webshots. The plexiglass does look nicer, but I don't know that it changes the experience any.

Happy sailing!

A~

I found these pictures from Bonnie, she has great pictures of different cabins to help you decide. I had the same problem deciding my cabin when I booked my Sept 8th cruise on EOS. I booked an E2 cabin on the 6th floor at first not knowing about the different balconies. When I found out about it I got very nervous not knowing if I was going to like it with the obstructed view. I wound up changing to a D1 on the 7th floor because there was a price drop and I got the upgrade for free. Take a look at the pictures, it might help you decide what you want to do.

6th floor

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/1064797841036355651TrFeka

7th Floor

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/1064756086036355651ZjuRTE

200609080500_13.gif

So, are the dividers between balconies metal also providing more privacy between balconies?

Twinkles- Thanks for the links to the photos!!

You are very welcome!! Hope they helped. But I'm not sure about how much more privacy you will have with the metal balconies. I assume it has to be better since you can't see through metal lol. Someone who has been on a deck 6 balcony will have to answer that one for you though. Good luck! :o ;)

200609080500_13.gif

I LOVED our 6th deck balcony cabin on Explorer, and purposely booked a 6th deck balcony cabin on Adventure. They are a little different (metal below the rail instead of Plexiglass), but it's no big deal. Deck 6 is GREAT......you are one stairway from the Promenade with the snacks, bars, stores, parades, etc.

-Jessica

jess...don't know if this will help but my husband and I stayed on the 6th deck in 2003 on the Explorer and we had a great time and thought the cabin was wonderful...........we had a balcony and I can't remember the catagory I think it was D2 but not sure...but it was very nice............not as roomy as Carnival...but the serivce on RCCL out shone carnival............we had the time of our lives and I pray you will too......

Lee

I sailed on AOS in Nov. 2005 with my DB. I too was nervous about not knowing if I would miss out on anything by not having the Plexiglas below the railing. We ended up loving it. It was very, very private. One would have to lean over the railing to see on your balcony. Also, the 6th deck was very convenient to other areas i.e. promenade. I don't recall this deck being wet. You can still see some views of the ocean sitting.

Archived