Waterproof wallet

jetstorm

In Canada? you can locate the waterproof wallet in walmart...just under $10.

I am going to test it out before the cruise .... i would hate to see our passports etc, get destroyed.

Cheers ! we sail sept 21ist on the Crown Princess.

http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/erol.html#1X0

They have all kinds of waterproof cases/bags/gadgets. Under their FAQ section you can email them what product you are interested in and they will email you back (very quickly) with locations nearest you!

I was looking for an underwater camera bag but didn't imagine I would find one in my city...but Aquapac knew where to send me!

We also were looking for a waterproof wallet and found mens swim trunks made by "Magellan" that has one attached. It's cool, it attaches to an inside pocket and then it secures with velcro, so it's double attched. We tested the pouch by putting a dollar bill inside and submercing in water for about an hour or so. No leaks what so ever, dry it was! The pouch is only big enough for several credit cards, drivers license and a few bills, etc.

We got the swim trunks at Academy Sports and Outdoors and only paid $12.99. What a deal! We haven't used them yet but I feel sure they will do just fine. Let me know if you need additional info!

Will a couple of passports fit inside, in addition to credit cards and cash?

I can;'t answer your question about what will fit into the dry pouch but I have read that you should NEVER take your passport off the ship with you, instead you should make a color copy of it, take your driver's license and credit card.

I hope this helps.

Hmmm....I don't think they would, plus it would probably make it too heavy. But I'm with the poster above, you probably want to leave your passports locked inside your safe in your cabin. In fact...that is the first thing I would do with them once I get into my cabin. Shouldn't need to take them out again until leaving.

Last time we sailed, all we took with us when we got off the ship at ports was our DL and CC. We didn't even take any cash with us because we knew if we bought something we could use our CC. However, we felt bad after we finished our snorkeling tour because we didn't have any money with us to give the tour guide a tip. Felt really bad. So next time, we will take just a few dollars with us.

But the swim trunks will be great for just a few dollars, your DL and CC.

I found mine in the local REI store. However, one caution: I purchased the smallest (thinnest) one, but it turned out that it was a very tight squeeze since it needed to accomodate three Princess cards needed to get on and off the ship plus a credit card plus cash. I don't think it would have accomodated a fourth card. Next time we'll get the next size larger, or a second small one for me.

I can;'t answer your question about what will fit into the dry pouch but I have read that you should NEVER take your passport off the ship with you, instead you should make a color copy of it, take your driver's license and credit card.

I hope this helps.

But if you do leave your passport in the safe and then happen to miss your ship because of a traffic accident or some other calamity, be prepared for all the comments from people who'll tell you that you should never venture off ship in a foreign country without your actual passport.:rolleyes:

But if you do leave your passport in the safe and then happen to miss your ship because of a traffic accident or some other calamity, be prepared for all the comments from people who'll tell you that you should never venture off ship in a foreign country without your actual passport.:rolleyes:

My point exactly!

Archived