Review: Ncl Wind 6/19/04 Hawaii

Isaac

Especially to Isaac and those who travelled on the Wind in the last three months.. you've all probably wondered why the Wind was late into Fanning and other ports? As I said, I get the news straight from the horse's mouth..

My wife is Gabrielle, the feisty "hillbilly mama" cruise staff member from West Virginia. I sailed with her on the 10 day cruise starting June 30, 2004. Anyway, this ship is just not meant to be pushed as it is.. as Gabrielle has mentioned, "if you're going to red-line the ship every single week, it's going to blow every single time.."

And here's a little bit of info that not many know. If you happened to be on that particular cruise from June30 to July11, remember having to change the itinerary from Nawiliwili to Kona on the return from Fanning because of a medical emergency? The first part is true, a pregnant woman was hemorrhaging and needed to get to a hospital asap. However, after having the total mess of changing ports and 75% of passengers losing their excursions (but not their money), the woman never got off the ship after all! It's a good thing CD Sharon kept that one secret!

Anyway, my 2 cents on some recent events.. As for the previous poster, the comedian was Jeff Harms, he was great! George Solomon? Billed as "the Las Vegas best personality of 2003" or whatever it was?? Maybe if the Palamino Club girls were voting.. way way WAY too schmaltzy. Homer Noodleman? a big hit with the 50+ crowd because he's older himself, but he sure didn't connect with the younger crowd.

As for those people who thought Gabrielle was great and so on, she was just asked to take the training for Asst Cruise Director, and is returning to ships tomorrow, joining the Sun for 5 weeks before going to the Sea.

Thanks, sorry for the long post.. Darcy

Archived