May 29 2005 AOS.. cancelled

They are cancelling the 5/29/05 sailing of the Adventure of the Seas as it will be under full charter.

Just got this letter...

Dear Travel Partners:

Subject: CHARTERED ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL SAILING - Adventure of the Seas

May 29, 2005

Please be advised that the May 29, 2005 sailing of Royal Caribbean International Adventure of the Seas has been chartered. It is necessary to move all guests currently booked from this sailing.

Guests currently booked on Royal Caribbean International, Adventure of the Seas cancelled sailing of

May 29, 2005, have the following options:

Guests may move to Explorer of the Seas 05/29/2005, Mariner of the Seas 05/28/2005, or Navigator of the Seas 05/29/2005 with rate protection in the same category.

Or guests will be offered to move to any other Adventure of the Seas 7-night sailing at prevailing rates. The new sailing must be taken by 12/31/05 and excludes holiday sailings.

All guests moving to an alternate sailing will receive the following:

Onboard Credits given to all staterooms as follows:

$100 per stateroom onboard credit for standard staterooms.

$200 per stateroom onboard credit for deluxe staterooms (category JS & above).

If guests choose not to rebook on one of the suggested alternate sailings, they may opt to cancel. A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment. Travel agency commission will not be protected on cancelled bookings.

The onboard credit is applicable to all individual bookings and to any group allocated cabins or guarantees with names and deposits. A special desk has been established to assist you with moving your clients. The desk will remain open through July 14, 2004.

This was announced on the CC board about a month ago. The Tom Joyner Foundation is the group that chartered the AOS. There was a thread on the old board where a bunch of us talked about taking that cruise one day. There's a lot of entertainment, but the prices are double a regular cruise. Yes, some of that is a tax-deductible contribution, but I'll still take 2 cruises to just one. Maybe I'll hit the lottery one day. :rolleyes:

RCCL just sent out this letter to TA's. I am not on that sailing. I prefer to sail in the fall when the prices are much cheaper.

I thought I remembered some discussion about it and that is why I posted the notice in case no one had the official word yet.. because even if someone was chartering it then maybe they would back out or not fill the ship but guess they decided they need the whole thing.

We were booked on that sailing. Our TA called us with the info last week, and we were not happy with the alternatives offered. We had booked specifically for the Aruba itinerary, and the alternative sailings are 2 Eastern and 1 Western itinerary. If anyone else has the same issue, we did successfully negotiate with RCCL for the June 12 AOS sailing with price protection of our May 29th price. :)

Get your TA to fight for you.

Chris

Archived