Hotels on the way into New Orleans

emdia43

So- I'm thinking of driving down to New Orleans rather than flying,for New Year's cruise on Grandeur of the Seas,but am nervous about New Orleans traffic- driving in a large city that I am not familiar with makes me almost as uneasy as flying....... does anyone know of a hotel on the way into New Orleans (I'm coming from Louisville thru Memphis) that I could stay at,park my car for the week and get shuttled down to the pier so I can avoid having to go into downtown traffic? Or am I nervous about nothing? Trying to find the least stressful means of travel.

We're from Memphis and our daughter went to school in New Orleans for four years. You will hit traffic once you get close to the city on I-10. It is just slow but seems to keep moving. Make sure you get good directions to the hotel and you should be fine. I never had any trouble as long as I followed exact directions. A lot of streets downtown are one way so you may have to go around the block to get to where you want to go. We usually stayed at the Embassy Suites on Julia Street. I know you can park your car there for a cruise. Good luck.

Archived