Recommendations - Miami Resort prior to cruising

OCDACTIVE

Hey Everyone,

I could really use your help. Having never been to Miami (other then in a cab from airport to the ship) I have no idea of a nice resort on the beach. I plan on staying a few days before I cruise in March. My wife loves the beach so I prefer a full ammenity resort (pools, resturants, bars) etc, close to the ship yet right on the beach. I am hoping to avoid a $500 a night Ritz Carleton. If you have any recommendations it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

The Surfcomber(a Doubletree Hotel) is right on the beach, and it has a

very nice pool area. Plus it is right on Collins Ave in the South Beach

area, close to Ocean Dr., Lincoln Road Mall, where lots of action is.

It wouldn't take too long to get over to the port from this area. We

drove it in about 15 minutes.

There is a Days Inn , a Fairfield Inn, a Best Western and a Sheraton a little bit further north, around 42nd-43rd street that are on the beach, but I wouldn't send my worst enemy to the Days Inn! It looks deceiving from the outside, but the rooms weren't nice at all.

Have a great time!

We are cruising in March also, we have never been to Miami, but we are trying the Marriott Courtyard Miami Beach. We got a King with Oceanview that comes with some kind of "Escape Romance Package"...bottle of Champagne, free chair/umbrella rental for the beach. It is only costing us $172 a nite. It is not quite South Beach but a short taxi away! You should check out their website. I wish we could afford the Marriott South beach but it is way to expensive! Enjoy your Vacation!!!!:D

Archived