Shore Excursions and Bad Weather

SnowCone

Hello ~

I'll soon be sailing on Victory to Canada (Saturday!) and I'm monitoring the weather conditions for Halifax, NS on The Weather Channel's web site. They're predicting rain next week. I'll be packing an umbrella! However, I was wondering if shore excursions (i.e., whale watching trip) has ever been cancelled due to inclement weather. I'm sure there will be many other things to do if that's the case - I was just curious about past experiences. Thanks very much! :)

I can't reply specifically to a whale watching excursion, but in Grand Cayman, Carnival did cancel their stingray excursion due to rough seas. The independent tour operators still did their tours, though.

If the weather is too inclement, I would think Carnival probably would cancel an excursion, especially one where you would be out in a boat at sea.

Don't worry too much about weather reports, though. Our last cruise, the weather was supposed to be rainy all week, and it was sunny with a few clouds ~ never rained once.

Good luck, and enjoy your cruise! :)

Archived