Port of Tampa hotels

joedi

We're looking for a place to stay the night before our seven-day Holland America cruise out of Tampa. We'll be driving in, so ideally we'd find a hotel that'll let us park in its lot for a week (first priority) and shuttle us to the port (although we certainly could spring for a cab). Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks.

Try the Doubletree Westshore? We have booked with them, but will not stay until in September so I can't tell you if it is any good, but I can tell you that they have a package that includes shuttle. I have been told that the shuttle will take you and pick you up @ the cruise terminal, but the package only says shuttle to port. I figure if they don't pick me up I will spring for a cab like you said. Also if you get the executive level it's not much more and it includes breakfast and an evening receiption.

Terri

I just called the Doubletree as we are sailing in November and the person I spoke with said they are no longer offering the shuttle to the port. They said they still have the shuttle to/from the airport, but not the port. Of course I may have gotten someone who was misinformed, it seems like every person I speak to says something different.;) I am checking into the Chase Suites right now as they said they do offer the parking/shuttle service to the pier.

We departed out of Tampa on a two week cruise last December. We did arrive there the night before the cruise and stayed at the Doubletree Hotel which isn't all that far from the port. This was luck of the draw so to speak because we booked our room through Priceline for either $70 or $75.

What we didn't know until we arrived was that precruise guests can park in the Doubletree's garage for FREE. This was a considerable savings as parking at the port is something like $12 or $14 per day. The Doubletree has a complimentary shuttle which took us to the pier and picked us up upon our return. The shuttle driver also gave us a brief historic lecture as we traveled back and forth.

Our room was large and quite comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful plus they have those home made chocolate chip cookies. For the price we paid it would be hard to beat the Doubletree.

Hope this is helpful and veryone have a great day out there.

Archived