SeaGrape Beach or RumPoint

beachdiamonds

We only did sea grape beach. It wasn't very impressive. The beach area was quite small (maybe it's like that the whole way down 7 mile beach?)

The activities were quite expensive ($75/half hour on jet skis).. but they did have a bar with food service.. and they also have kiddie floats for rent, which helped us.

I don't have anything to compare it to on 7 mile beach, but the water got deep almost immediately and it was very hard to climb back out (lol).

It wasn't that bad, we still had a good time. But If it was me I'd be trying a new one next time... nice view of the cruise ships, though.

We did the rum point beach and stingray tour through nativeway. It was a fantastic time. My kids are 14 yr and 10 yr old. The had fun playing on the beach. They could walk quite a distance out in the water and not go over their knees. Make sure you wear some kind of watershoes. There were some places where there were sharp rocks. We didn't rent any watercraft, but we seen some drive by, also there was one of those big floating bicycles that ride on the water. Not sure what you call those things.

We had great time. Hope this helps.

The only reason Sea Grape Beach is popular is because it is cheap and easy to get to from the cruise port by taxi or bus. Rum Point is much nicer, but it's harder to get to. You need to rent a car, or take an excursion that goes there. If you have time, I recommend Capt Marvin's all day (9:30 - 2:30) sting ray city tour that also goes to Rum Point (they feed you a great lunch at Kiabo Yacht Club).

Archived