Getting Custom Air Fee Waived w/o Captain's Club Membership?

PaulfromPA

Hi Folks...

I have a booking on the Century's April 26, 2007 transatlantic cruise; the final destination is Rotterdam. Yesterday my TA told me that X's post-cruise hotel options for Rotterdam/Amsterdam will open for booking sometime around early October. My TA also said that if I book a post-cruise hotel with X, then X "may" be willing to waive the $75 international custom air fee. I understand that Celebrity waives this fee for Captain's Club members, but since this is my first Celebrity cruise, I don't have any such perk. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has had an experience with X waiving the custom air fee under these conditions. Should I really press this issue, or just let go of my fantasy of saving 75 smackaroos?

Thanks much,

Paul

Thanks for the responses Drew and Cruisin'...

But I suppose I wasn't clear when I asked my question. I understand that I can get standard "luck of the draw" air to match correctly with my post-cruise hotel dates. If I choose that option, I understand that there is no fee, but X picks my flights. What I want to know is if I can choose custom air, meaning, picking my own airline and flight times, but having X set it up. In other words I am interested in doing what is genercially called an "air deviation" but coupled with one of X's post-cruise hotel packages. In that case I am wondering if I can press them to waive the $75 fee since I will be using their hotel. I understand this waiver is a perk to Captain's Club members, but I am not a member of THAT club just yet! ;) My TA said that if I book X's post-cruise hotel, then I may be able to get custom air without the $75 fee.

Hope I was clearer. Thanks for any advice!

Archived