Apologies...

Cozumel_Tom

I arrived late to the beach today, and as a result missed meeting several CCers. I would like to thank whoever brought the school supplies for the needy kids on the island, that was very generous. Our GM, Luis, mentioned that he talked with you, and that it was your son's birthday. Thanx again folks, you'll make somebody's school work a little easier!

PS- Yes, Luis misplaced your business card!

PPS- Thanx as well to everyone else who has dropped off school supplies to help out the needy kids here in Cozumel, esp. since many families have suffered hardship after our big flood a few weeks ago.

And while I'm at it, thanx for spoiling me with the mini-raviolis and Chunky soup, etc.! My cravings have been quashed...gracias y adios!

What kind of school supplies do the kids need? My wife is an education professor and I am an elementary school teacher. I am sure we would like to donate if it is logistically possible. If we can't bring the items with us, can we buy the school supplies in Cozumel or make a cash donation?

I can't wait to meet you PB! Our cruise leaves in a little over three weeks.

Cookingsteve

Let me paste what Sally posted a a few weeks ago:

The Cozumel Chrysalis Groups supports children from less fortunate families by providing school uniforms, shoes and school supplies. For high school students, inscription fees and book fees are also paid. Chrysalis helped 186 students in the 2003-2004 school year that is just ending. The list for next year was just finalized yesterday and includes 276 students. Some of these students will move off the island over the summer, some will not pass the test to get into high school, so we anticipate a final number close to 250.

Gently used backpacks are fine, broken zippers and fraying edges are not. We want these kids to look like any other student at their school. Chrysalis collects cash donations and school supplies from island visitors all year long. The current NEED LIST includes glue sticks, scientific calculators, ink erasers and backpacks. Also, some schools are requiring blank computer diskettes. Other items can be purchased here if we still need them. Please no more pencils! We have a billion!

Thank you so much in advance for you generous donations!

Sally Hurwitch

Cozumel Chrysalis Group

Thanx for thinking of the kids ...see you soon!

Greetings Tom,

So sorry we missed you on July 8, but we had to get back to our ship! We enjoyed speaking with Luis. Actually my twin son and daughter were celebrating their 17th birthdays on Paradise Beach and absolutely loved it, as did all of us! Nothing like nachos grande and a bucket of Sol with your feet in the sand, 10 yards from the water!

We hope it's not too long until we're able to cruise again; we'll definitely return to PB !

Many thanks,

Maple Hts

Hi Tom!

My father and I dropped off a calculator on the 8th. Sorry we missed you! We were really looking forward to it since we've been visiting the boards for months. Looks like we'll have to wait til next time. We had the best time at your beach - it was absolutely wonderful. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip. Thanks so much!!! :)

~Lauren (LMT219)

Archived