Lunenburg Ex.

I was toying with the idea of a private excursion to Lunenburg, Mahone Bay & Chester. I understand this is a 60-70 min drive from Halifax. Has anyone visited this area? Is it worth the trip? There is a ship's ex for $62 for 7 hrs. which sounds quite reasonable to me.......

I have emailed Jonathan from yourcab.ca and I am think about mailing Gregg from Kiwi Kaboodle for a private tour. I have toured with Jonathan, but he may not be availble on my date.....but does anyone know anything about Kiwi Kaboodle? His price is $75 Cdn....for 5 hrs. It makes the ships Ex sound tempting.:rolleyes:

I did this tour with Greg last year.

I think Greg is a great guide but it seemed like a long day and if I was to do the tour again, I would stay closer to Halifax and enjoy what Halifax offers. We did Peggy's Cove, the Swiss Air Memorial, headed out to Luenenburg, Chester, Mahone Bay, Blue Rocks and then back to the Titanic cementary before going back to the ship. This was our last port and maybe we were exhausted after a port intensive itinerary. It also seemed like a lot more car time then I prefer.

I highly recommend Gregg and Kiwi Tours.

We just got back today. We rented a car and drove first to Peggy's Cove (beautiful drive) and then on, through Chester and Mahone's Bay, to Lunenberg for lunch. After leaving Peggy's Cove, it took about 2 hours to get to Lunenberg via the coast road, with no stops. Returning via the highway (which you pick up after passing back through Mahone's Bay), we were back in Halifax dropping off the car about 1 hour, 20 minutes after leaving Lunenberg.

HTH! Enjoy your day in Halifax!

• 3 weeks later...

Renting a car is a great way to save some money, but the driver ends up missing out on all the beautiful scenery there is. Also if you go in high season it's super hard to find an available car to rent! I also recommend Kiwi Kaboodle - Greg's tours are interesting and lots of fun. We only did Peggy's Cove & Halifax with him, however he was recommended to us by some friends who visited Nova Scotia (non-cruise!) and they did a number of tours with Greg: Bay of Fundy as well as Lunenburg, Blue Rocks & Mahone Bay. Hope you love Nova Scotia as much as we did!

Archived