Bar and Restaurant Hours

Pewittcruzer

My husband and I are going on a W Caribbean Zuiderdam cruise in Sept, and I can't find the hours of the bar or restaurants anywhere. We haven't been on a HAL cruise before and I am wondering if there are any restaurants open 24 hrs, and also how late the bars are open. Also, I have heard there are no midnight buffets; is this true?

Thanks!

Pewittcruzer

:)

There isn't any restaurant open 24 hours - not even the lido.

Check your daily program each day as to when the various bars open and close. Schedule changes because of port days.

We have cruised for years on HAL and the midnight buffet was around 11:45 or so.

:)

Do you mean the Pinnical or Dining Rooms. Dining Room has 4 seatings, two early and two late ones. There is a grill by the pool as well. Check the sites listed elsewhere for the various bars in the daily paper. This is my first time on Hal too. I'm on the Maasdam.

Early sitting is 5:45 or 6:15 and late is 8:00 and 8:30 for the Dining Room.

Others can help for the bars and the Pinnical which is the alternative restauant.

I am not sure about the Zuiderdam (Vista Class) but on the S class ships there is a buffet around 11:00 not midnight. It is not very well attended. I am sure someone can answer about the Zui.

You can order room service 24 hrs a day. The menu is pretty decent, much better than other lines.

Re: the bars, the Ocean bar is usually open from 10am untill 12.30am, serving hot Hors D`oevres pre the dinner seatings. The Crows nest is open usually from about 5pm until.??? The piano bar starts after dinner and usually is posted until?? but on most occasions it is closed by about 12.30 or 1am. The bars by the pool are open from around 9am until about 7.30pm. These times may change on port days, check the daily bulletin...jean

Not sure if the hours are different in the Caribbean vs Alaska, but up North, the Lido closes its dinner line at 7:30, but the midnight buffet starts at 11:00. The Terrace Grill is open all afternoon until 5:00. Don't know about the bars - Java Cafe closes at 10:00. I have to say - we neither went hungry nor thirsty at any time during the 7 days....

Archived