What is the best time to cruise to the .....

kajsb

What is the best time to cruise to the Mexican Riviera? I usually seem to cruise around Memorial Day. This year the weather was great all though humid but it is the start of the rainy season. I'm thinking about a January cruise on the Spirit out of San Diego. The temperature in Acapulco, etc always seems to run at least in the high 70's to low 80's. I'm just curious if anyone has cruised the MR in the early months of the year and what your experience was weather wise. I love the sun and enjoy like lynig out in the sun when ever possible. I'm thinking of a change in travel times because 1) I need a little bit longer to save my money for the next cruise since I cruised twice recently and 2) I don't know if I can wait longer than 18 months. ;)

I have not cruised the Mexican Riviera, but I have lived in Mexico from May to December. The rainy season ends around Sept or so and the weather was great really the whole time I was there. Even in the rainy season, it only rained in the afternoons, around 4pm or so just enough to cool everything down a little. I am sure anytime would be great. Have fun.

I've done the mexican Riviera out of Long Beach this past January. I too love to Lay out in the sun on sea days.This is a no can do.. It was too cool the first day out . Second day was a little better,but not much.. Third day was hot in Puerto V.On the way home .Sat. sea day again too cool. No one was in the pools.Only the hot tubs.If you are going out of San diego ,you will be further south. It might be a little better. I am doing it again this Sept ,hoping it will be warmer. I love the sea days..

Last night, I was reconsidering my choice in dates and thinking about 11/05 instead of 01/06. After you get as far south as Cabo, the weather seems to be warmer in November. Many years ago, we spent Thanksgiving in Puerto Vallarta and the weather was wonderful. Nice and sunny for lying in the sun. It was very humid and we had some brief afternoon showers, but it did not interfer with our time on the sun. Decisions, decisions.....

Jacqui_Z,

Someone on the other board sent me a document with average temps and rainfall for the Mexican Riviera that provides the info needed for planning a cruise. If you would like a copy, send me an e-mail. Be sure to put cruise critic in the subject so I know it isn't spam.

Archived