Muster drills

CaptData

i've not done the maasdam. but i am sure it is the same for any HAL ship, or for any of the ships sailing for that matter... the muster drills should take place at the lifeboat that you would board should there be some sort of emergency that requires you to take a lifeboat.

You will muster at your lifeboat on the lower promenade deck. :)
Your muster spot has a number, that number is on your ship-card, and you meet in the region of that number in front of your boat.
Men stand in back, women and children in front.
Women and children board first, then men.
There's more than enough space for everyone.

For a five o'clock sailing, Life Boat Drill is usually at 4:15 - 4:30. It is mandatory and attendance is taken. HAL takes these drills very seriously and anyone who misses it has the pleasure of answering why and then having a "make up drill".

[quote name='revneal']You will muster at your lifeboat on the lower promenade deck. :)
Your muster spot has a number, that number is on your ship-card, and you meet in the region of that number in front of your boat.
Men stand in back, women and children in front.
Women and children board first, then men.
There's more than enough space for everyone.[/QUOTE]On my previous cruises we simply put on the lifevest and went to our assigned lifeboat. Do we actually board the boats, or are you stating the order of boarding in the case of a real evacuation?

[quote name='sail7seas']For a five o'clock sailing, Life Boat Drill is usually at 4:15 - 4:30. It is mandatory and attendance is taken. HAL takes these drills very seriously and anyone who misses it has the pleasure of answering why and then having a "make up drill".[/QUOTE]
LOL ... not me. I'm special. :)

I actually missed muster drill on my first cruise ... cause I missed the boat in Fort Lauderdale. When I finally boarded two days later in Puerto Limon, no one even mentioned "muster drill." I only found out about it from my cabinmate who had attended.

I wonder, though ... if you're doing back-to-back cruises, staying in the same stateroom, do you have to attend both drills?

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived