past guest question...

twirler324

Hi, everyone!

We just returned this past Sunday from the Valor Eastern Caribbean. While we wanted to also trfy RCCL, since the Valor was our first cruise, but in looknig at holiday prices, we may end up with Carnival again. That is fine with us, because we had a great time...

My question is...

1. Are there any benefits to having a past guest number? Is it cheaper, or do you get an onboard credit?

2. How do you get this number? Our first cruise was booked through a travel agent, so I am not sure if it is a different protpcol to get this number than it would had we booked through Carnival. (Next time we will just go through Carnival since the price was the same...)

Any help with these would be great!

Thank you all, and have a great weekend!!

Kristen :)

Whenever I book another Carnival cruise, I give my PVP the booking number of my last cruise.

As far as past guest perks - Past Guest Discounts are offered several times a year, but not for every cruise. No, there is no OBC offered as incentives.

Carnival past guest perks:

Second through ninth cruises, you receive a GOLD Sail & Sign card, you will be invited to the Past Guest party, and receive a ship's lapel pin.

Tenth and future cruises, you receive a PLATINUM S&S card, and VIP boarding, other little things like tote bags, guaranteed dining assignment of your choice, chocolate strawberries or something similiar in your cabin, a few other little amenities.:)

HI there,

It doesn't matter who you booked it through. You still have a pass guest number. I believe its on your Sail & Sign card.

As far as deals, Carnival does have pass guest deals out there. You may get a discount on the price. Sometimes travel agents can get better deals though.

I haven't ever gotten "on board credit". So I don't know about that. But if you are looking for perks... The only thing you really get is the "past guest party" which can be fun.. You get free drinks.. But I think that is only on cruises 5 or more. I think after 10 cruises then you get more perks..

I hope this helps..

......... The only thing you really get is the "past guest party" which can be fun.. You get free drinks.. But I think that is only on cruises 5 or more.

Yes, the Past Guest party is held only on cruises of five nights or longer.

When I booked on the Valor last year they offered me an immediate upgrade from an 8A to an 8E at no extra cost if I took an immediate cabin assignment , because I was a past guest.

I enjoyed your pictures. We'll be on Valor on 8/5/07. We're from Philly as well.

Guest YesitDonna

Yes your past guest number will be the guest number that is on the sail and sign card you had for your crise, lower left hand corner.

My past guest # is NOT on my sign and sail card.My folio#(which IS on the card) is 4 numbers and my past guest # is 8#s.I thought I got my number (its been awhile and I might not be remembering it correctly) when I went online and registered.You put in your sailing date and other info and then you were registered as a past guest...

I just booked thru VTG,and I got a better deal for my upcoming cruise..not only did I get a discount for 55+,but also for being a past guest.

Tried to register today for my cruise and it said I was NOT a past guest...after calling Carnival,they said there was a glitch in their system and to just continue on with registeration although it says "not" a past guest. I hope I get all my goodies for being a past guest and my party invite:) Dot

Just attended the PGP on the Holiday Tuesday Aug. 22. The steward left our invitation and PGP pin on our bed the night before.

One thing I noted was that the pin says SENSATION on it instead of HOLIDAY.

Oh well.. A pin is a pin. :D

45 minutes of cocktails and hors duerves. It was OK. Crowded, but OK.

:cool:

. It was OK. Crowded, but OK.:cool:

Mark - In the past, the party was really nice and not so crowded, and seemed much more special. However, now it seems they are allowing a past guest to bring someone with them - and that's why the parties are SO crowded that you don't really enjoy them as much. That's a sore subject with a lot of REAL past guests who have actually earned that status.:rolleyes:

If I decide to go on another cruise line under the Carnival umbrella for my next cruise, would I be a past guest or a first timer? Thanks

My understanding is that you could receive a past guest discount when booking the cruise (if one is available) just by cruising on a Carnival Corporation ship... but no - you would not be considered a past guest of Carnival Cruise Line; thus you'd be a first timer.

Archived