Girls want to hang out and shop in Miami, pre-cruise, need suggestions!

jamaica71594

My girlfriend and I want to hang out in Miami prior to our Cruise, and since my Mom and my Aunt have no desire to party with us (LOL), we are just looking for some nice hotel bars to hang out and girl talk. We are not interested in the club scene. We also plan to do a little shopping if possible.

We have not decided on the hotel yet, because I have been reading post here about where to stay pre-cruise. It appears that south beach is farthest away from the port than downtown miami, but is this a safe area to hang out??

Many hotels that I have been researching seem to have nice bars for cocktails. There are a few that I saw that were rooftop, which would be nice, but most of them are in south beach! Any suggestions???

As Cyndi Lauper says, "Girls just wanna have fun!" :p

Head towards Lincoln Road in SoBe (South Beach). Perfectly safe, 15 minutes or less from Port of Miami, fantastic shopping, many bars to choose from that will fit all tastes. ;)

http://www.southbeach-usa.com/shopping/lincoln-road/lincoln-road-shopping.htm

My girlfriend and I want to hang out in Miami prior to our Cruise, and since my Mom and my Aunt have no desire to party with us (LOL), we are just looking for some nice hotel bars to hang out and girl talk. We are not interested in the club scene.

We have not decided on the hotel yet, because I have been reading post here about where to stay pre-cruise. It appears that south beach is farthest away from the port than downtown miami, but is this a safe area to hang out??

Many hotels that I have been researching seem to have nice bars for cocktails. There are a few that I saw that were rooftop, which would be nice, but most of them are in south beach! Any suggestions???

Thanks;)

South Beach is a perfectly safe area - nothing to worry about...in fact many people are out and about walking around especially in the Lincoln Road Mall area. There are plenty of sidewalk cafe's and restaurants as well as shops such as Victoria Secret, Banana Republic, Bebe, Arden B., Etc...There is also a mive theatre in case they would like to catch a movie after shopping.

If you would like to check out some bars I would suggest Sky Bar which is in the Shore Club Hotel - very trendy and good music. You may also want to check out the Spire Bar in "The Hotel", it is one of the rooftop bars you are looking for. You may also want to check out The Delano Hotel.

You can check out Cooljunkie.com for more information on Bars and lounges and information about them. Just click on Miami.

Hi all,is it ok to go out after dark in the area around our hotel its the bayside radisson miami post cruise and the biscayne bay marriott miami pre cruise,as we are from uk we are not sure what to expect,would love some info plz,ta Gary

We stayed at the Radisson in Jan for 2 nights and the location was good for us. It is close to the people mover (monorail like train) and were able to go back and forth to Bayside. We LOVED Bayside, went in the afternoon and walked around did some shopping, had some great Mojitos, Fat Tuesday is also there so had to try all the different flavors. Our husbands chartered a boat for some deep sea fishing from the marina. Then at night we enjoyed the outdoors, lots of bars, but really laid back and good for anyone. We really enjoyed walking around the marina and looking at the boats~beautiful!! There were places you could go and dance (more like the nightclub thing) or just bars and you could sit and enjoy the company, the weather, and a good drink or pop! There are also "tours" you could do from just a boat ride to party boats complete with music and lights, lots of activity and great people watching place. One thing to remember is to make sure you know when the peoplemover stops for the night. Our husbands stayed longer then we did and ended up walking back to the hotel-which I would not really recommend!:rolleyes:

As for the area right around the Radisson, nothing right there. There is a fast food like place (no inside seating) if you want a burger (greasy) fries milkshake ect. We were approached for change while we were standing in line, but nothing scary.

The bar in the Radisson is very nice but the drinks were a little high priced and they messed up my white russian two times (switched to Baileys on the rocks so they would get it right!) We don't mind paying extra especially when we want to stay at the hotel but the service was poor and with the mistakes we only went the one time.

The pool was VERY nice. We spent one night (after bayside) with our feet in the pool talking (just us girls) We were the only people there and it was beautiful at night (rooftop pool) It was the best thing about the hotel (and the proximity to the peoplemover)

They also had a shuttle to South Beach and other places (can't remember how much they charged) We did not use this service but it was nice they had it!

Overall, the Radisson was not what we really invisioned but we had a great time and I highly recommend Bayside (Mambos is great place to eat) and the pool area at the Radisson. Enjoy your cruise and just remember be aware of your surroundings and people in numbers are they way to be in a new place.

xrayvin

thanks for that great report:) . it sounds like all of you had a good time.

I will have to check out some of those places you mentioned. bayside may be just the place to stay, instead of south beach. we are not looking for the club scene anyway, just a place to relax with drinks and talk.

ThX XRAYVIN for your info,so the hotels are close to each other then,how far from the shops my wife wants to know,we have stayed in San francisco and New york with no problems before so I hope Miami will be the same,good news about Ernesto because we fly into Miami this sat pm,then onto the Freedom sunday,so hopefully it will be not so bumpy out at sea now,THX GARY

Archived