Shuttle/limo recommendation for FL

kim826

The cruise line has shuttle service that is relatively cheap. See the link here :

http://www.ncl.com/more/bus_transfers.htm

For limos NCL has the following link:

http://www.ncl.com/more/limo_service.htm

If you are coming in the night before departure - you might not be able to get a transfer. A taxi from Fort Lauderdale might be pricey. They do have a train that costs a nominal amount that will get you to Miami airport from which you could depart at a lesser amount by taxi or whatever.

I have a great limo company that DH and I use all year round. Above-All-Limo (954-255-6170).

They are prompt, courteous and reliable - I recommended them to my business and they now use them exclusively for transporting to/from airports etc (many international visitors - I work for a Swiss Watch Company:) ).

There are probably less expensive car services down here in SoFla but this is the most reliable one we've come across in the 5 years that we've lived here (we live 40 minutes from the Port of Miami).

Tri County Airport Express, the originator of the shared ride transportation concept in South Florida offers this very economical mode of transportation to & from the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. They have been providing this exclusive service to both tourists and local residents since 1986 with their fleet of 150 vehicles. Their rates are per person and your wait is a maximum of 30 minutes from the time you and your luggage are curbside. You are allowed 2 suitcases (normal size) and 1 carry on per person before a possible extra fare is charged. The per person rates are posted at all terminals where our representatives are located - lower level curbside - for your convenience.

Shuttle from FLL to Miami - $18 per person.

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

The preferred limo service that the "locals" use as well as many members of the Cruise Critic community is Larrys Limo Service. With over a decade of experience, Larry's Private Car & Limo Service providea the most dependable and highest quality services in South Florida. Prompt, courteous, professional with late model cars and personable drivers.

http://larryslimo.com/

Any other service....caveat emptor ......;)

DO NOT use Absolute Limo service!!!! They are thieves!!! I sent them a $40 deposit. After cruise was cancelled due to the fire (Star Princess) they refused to refund my deposit,even though It 3 1/2 wks before our trip,and due to unforseen circumstances, they still refused.They said that after I had sent the deposit, they changed over to a new computer system,and it wouldn't recognize my payment ( what a load of CRAP!!) So do not use them,Larry's Limo comes recommended on the boards, use them instead!!! I hope they read these boards! :mad:

Archived