Anyone booked a last minute cruise?

scperk

We've talked to people who booked a few days before a cruise and got a great price. Has anyone done this? We're on vacation the week of the 18th and were thinking about trying to get a last minute deal on the Conquest. If anyone has booked a last minute cruise, could you tell me how you went about doing it? Do I just call a few days before sailing and ask if they have any last minute deals??

Thanks

Carolyn

I never booked a last minute cruise, but I was talking to a family on the Legend last week who booked at the last minute through a travel agent and got 2 balcony cabins for $1,000 per person which was darn good for this cruise.

Good Luck!

Barb

booked a cruise on Thursday and sailed on Saturday, did this last November and did get a good rate, of course you have no choice of cabins, but just call any agent or cruise outlet agency, if it is left they will sell it to you, I do think they have a 24 or 498 hour limit since 9-11. Many years ago we would just go to pier and see if any was available, but you cant do that any more

We don't necessarily do it on purpose, but I guess my husband and I have always booked at the last minute. By last minute, I mean within a month or two of the sailing. We've always done pretty well, but I don't think any better than anyone who booked earlier.

hello we booked a last minute cruise on ncl majesty boston to bermuda, cost was 99.00 p.p. outside cabin, per person plus port charges, we booked it friday night left sunday afternoon, it was great time, good price, ask me more info if you want Larry

I checked this week and the inside cabin price was still $900+. The sailing date is only 10 days away. I know they still have cabins left so hopefully we can get a good deal next week. I guess I will try Sunday or Monday, and then try again later in the week if I don't do any good earlier in the week. It's about a 6 hour drive for us to New Orleans so as long as we know a couple of days ahead of time, we can pack and drive down.

Thx

Carolyn

Getting a great price at the last minute all depends on availability of cabins and when you are cruising. In my past experience my hubby and I have begun to notice price drops about 3 weeks prior to sailing. Since you're already within that three weeks and you haven't seen prices start to fall, the ship may be pretty close to selling out. July is a peak time to cruise, so getting a terrific deal just may not be possible. When we sailed on the Ecstasy over New Year's Eve (another peak time), the prices finally fell about 3 or 4 days prior to sailing. As we had already booked our cabins, we received a healthy shipboard credit after the prices fell. You might try finding a good travel agent that will help you get upgrades or shipboard credits close to sailing, and then consider going ahead and booking the cruise now if your hearts are set on it. :)

Hi Carolyn. I haven't booked a last minute cruise but couldn't help posting to say hi to a neighbor. Don't see too many folks from Collierville :)

Hi...actually, I've never seen anyone else on the board from Collierville. We LOVE to cruise....maybe we will cruise together sometime!

Carolyn

i keep a close eye on cruise prices, just to be nosey.....i havent been seeing that many great deals on last minute sailings.....ive not noticed a lot of great deals on them since almost a year ago.....for a longgg time after 9/11 u could find the great deals all over the place....now the great deals are not so great......depending on what ur calling a great deal.....the Conquest has never been one of the ships that they have been quick to discount....its a rarity to ever see a price as low as $400 per person on that ship.......the ship u constantly see as a "bargain" now is the Elation ....sailings under 400 all the time.....of course being an older ship and out of Texas explains the price.....good luck, but dont hold ur breath on the last minute deals anymo:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say hi to Carolyn and phinfan. Haven't done a last minute cruise, but I am interested in what you find out.

phinfan: I think I talked to you yesterday at the Square. Sorry we had to leave in such a hurry. The Griz (mascot) was making his rounds and our son had to leave. (quickly) He doesn't like mascots.

Here's to Karaoke!!! LHP

I watch a website http://www.*****.com and have found cruises to a variety of places within 60-90 days. They reduce the rate by percentages as the time of sailing gets closer. My husband and I just like to cruise and really don't care where we go sometimes. I just booked a cruise to Canada-New England for 5 days aboard the Carnival Victory. We like balcony rooms, we have gotten spoiled, and I saved 48% on the balcony (Verandah level). We are sailing for 5 days for approximately $800 apiece. If the price should go down, and I watch, I will ask for an upgrade or a coupon book of some value. If you have a particuar place you want to go, and you can sit back and watch the prices, you can save a little money. I have watched the site for 60 days now. I also have booked cruises through www. cruise41.com and have always been satisfied.

bkifanatic

Archived