Courtyard Miami Downtown

Sorry, thought i had read 'great rate' in your post (maybe just wishful thinking on my part).

That's not a bad deal, but...

On Priceline you can usually get a 3* hotel (higher rated for than the Courtyard) for $50 'all-in' (including taxes and fees). Fare to the port is about $10.

As long as you can eat breakfast for less than $40 you can come out ahead, stay at a nice® hotel, and have your own taxi to the pier instead of a shuttle.

One advantage of Courtyard properties though is that they offer free hi-speed internet access, but even still this is usually only about $10 at most properties that offer it.

We stayed there in Jan. 2003, not long after it opened. The Courtyard is on the site of what used to be a Howard Johnson, but it has been refurbished to the point that there's no sign of its predecessor. It's located in a good area, a short walk from the Downtown Hyatt (on the Miami River) and Brickell Avenue. We used to live in Miami, and we were impressed with this hotel. There's protected indoor parking too. I'd certainly recommend it if the price is right.

Jack

Archived