Loews Hotel, Miami

skyecounty

Has anyone stayed here? Flying out on Tue 5th Sept and staying till our cruise on Sunday. Can anyone advise us on what to do, "must see" things etc. We are coming from Ireland and want to see and do as much as we possibly can while there. Is the hotel in a good location? It's hard to tell just using the internet so some first hand knowledge would be great.

Thanks for any help:)

The Loews is a GREAT and TRENDY hotel right in the heart of South Beach. A short taxi ride away will put you on Ocean Drive where you have a large array of restaurants to choose from and shops with trendy Miami clothes. Also close by is Lincoln Road Mall which is an open door mall with lots of sidewalk cafe's and shops as well. This is the place to see and be seen. Loews is also right on the beach if you want to relax on the sand and take a dip in the water.

Thanks for that - can you also tell me - how far is it to the ship docking? We are sailing on Carnival on the Sunday and are wondering how long is the trip and approx cost of a taxi? Also can you suggest any restaurants? We are real food lovers ( my h2b is a head chef ) and we would like to eat in some nice places while we are there.. any opinions / advice?

Loew's is wonderful, pool area is just outstanding. The staff will pamper you, they come around with cooling water and sorbet. The loungers have 3 layers of towels, and you are just steps from the beach if you want sand between your toes.

Location is outstanding too. Lincoln Road Mall is just a block away, loaded with trendy restaurants and shops. Walk north on Collins Ave to super trendy hotel bars at Delano and others. Walk south a block to the open 24 hours Jerry's Deli. Forget with cabbage, here you'll be able to get your corned beef between 2 slices of rye bread slathered with mustard, and just about anything else you desire.

Walk another 2 blocks south to 15th, then cut over to Ocean Drive and just people watch galore. Every block offers interesting shops, restaurants, and bars. Stop in the Art Deco Welcome Center at 10th and Ocean to find out a little bit of the history of South Beach. There are walking tours too (although maybe not in September, so ask). If it's daytime, consider walking back to Loew's along Collins Ave, or Washington. Visit the Wolfsonian Museum for 20th Century modern design.

Here's one site to check out, and if you Google South Beach, you'll probably find more. http://www.sobenightsonline.com/

You cab ride to the pier in Miami will probably run around $25 and take about 15 minutes.

Thanks very much everyone for all the advice and help - we are so looking forward to our honeymoon and are happy we chose this hotel now - sounds ideal for some romance!!

Signman - thanks for the link...very useful.

Can't wait!!!

Thanks for that - can you also tell me - how far is it to the ship docking? We are sailing on Carnival on the Sunday and are wondering how long is the trip and approx cost of a taxi? Also can you suggest any restaurants? We are real food lovers ( my h2b is a head chef ) and we would like to eat in some nice places while we are there.. any opinions / advice?

It is about a 20 minute drive to the port...not sure what the cab fare since I never use cabs I just drive everywhere in my car :o

Restuarants I suggest: Sushi Samba Dromo in Lincoln Road Mall, Nobu (Also Sushi) in The Shore Club (Hotel), China Grill (My favorite), Lario's on the Beach for some good Cuban food, Rosinella's for Italian, its located in Lincoln Road Mall as well, There is also an Emril's on the beach right on Washington Ave....Also the Restaurant at The Setai hotel or the Blue Door at the Delano Hotel. Hope all of this helps :)

Archived