Looking for something new to do in St. Thomas?

pgmrdev

Thought this idea of what to do in St. Thomas might be of interest. Like many, we have visited St. Thomas repeatedly on cruises and seem to always be looking for something new to do. I have come up with an idea others may be interested in. As many may know, Marriott Vacation Club International is building a new timeshare resort next to its existing hotel at Frenchman's Reef and is scheduled to open in December. We seem to have become experts at sitting through timeshare presentations for the incentives (gift certificates, dinners, etc.) and know how to say "no". We did however buy once at the MVCI resort in Aruba, but that was an extraordinary deal. I have emailed MVCI letting them know we are interested in a viewing and will be there on a cruise in October. I figure to get a $100 shopping certificate plus for my 60-90 minutes. They will also usually let you use the resort for the day too. In this case, since it may not be ready, they will probably let you use the facilities at the Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott next door. In addition, they will usually pickup you up and return you at their expense. I realize many people may not be will to sit through a timeshare presentation but you can cut it short very easily. But for 60 minutes of your time, you can easily get a great incentive package, use of their facilities and transportation. You may even be able to get a return trip when the resort opens for a nominal amount. Its about how much you may want to negotiate. Especially if they think you are interested but don't want to consider buying until "after you see the resort open and functioning". If anyone in interested, I can pass the link along at MVCI where you can get an invitiation. Also, calling the sales office direct in St Thomas may be a better approach. The sales people will probably offer the better incentives since they are the ones doing the selling.

Tom

Thought this idea of what to do in St. Thomas might be of interest. Like many, we have visited St. Thomas repeatedly on cruises and seem to always be looking for something new to do. I have come up with an idea others may be interested in. As many may know, Marriott Vacation Club International is building a new timeshare resort next to its existing hotel at Frenchman's Reef and is scheduled to open in December. We seem to have become experts at sitting through timeshare presentations for the incentives (gift certificates, dinners, etc.) and know how to say "no". We did however buy once at the MVCI resort in Aruba, but that was an extraordinary deal. I have emailed MVCI letting them know we are interested in a viewing and will be there on a cruise in October. I figure to get a $100 shopping certificate plus for my 60-90 minutes. They will also usually let you use the resort for the day too. In this case, since it may not be ready, they will probably let you use the facilities at the Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott next door. In addition, they will usually pickup you up and return you at their expense. I realize many people may not be will to sit through a timeshare presentation but you can cut it short very easily. But for 60 minutes of your time, you can easily get a great incentive package, use of their facilities and transportation. You may even be able to get a return trip when the resort opens for a nominal amount. Its about how much you may want to negotiate. Especially if they think you are interested but don't want to consider buying until "after you see the resort open and functioning". If anyone in interested, I can pass the link along at MVCI where you can get an invitiation. Also, calling the sales office direct in St Thomas may be a better approach. The sales people will probably offer the better incentives since they are the ones doing the selling.

Tom

Like youTom we have visited St. Thomas several times. We will be there again this November. Just today we were still trying to figure out what we should do. You have a great idea :) Would you mind passing the link along here so we may take a look at it? We don't want to sit on the ship even though we have been to St Thomas and San Juan several times.

Thanks for the idea!!!!!! I wonder how many others have never thought of the idea.

Archived