Balcony doors

sgrho96

I took the Legend a few days ago and I think the balcony door opened outwards. My mom says she tried to prop it open, but the door kept closing. The only way to keep the door open, would be to put a piece of luggage in front of it.

We've booked a balcony stateroom on the Miracle - first time! - and was wondering if the doors were difficult to prop open. Thanks in advance.

The doors are quite heavy, but not difficult to prop open with the door wedge the cabin steward uses. Or do as we did - take a bungee cord to hook the door to the balcony.

By the way the balcony doors slam hard and loud - so hold the handle as it closes - your neighbours will appreciate it.

Payd:)

We just left the Miracle on the 20th with a balcony cabin. I took a bungee cord, but didn't use it. The doors were heavy, and if someone opens your cabin door when the balcony door is open, you get a wind tunnel in your cabin. We had connecting rooms with other group members, people were in and out and stuff was blowing everywhere! The room was too hot and sticky when the balcony doors were open, IMHO.:rolleyes:

Yes, bungee cord is definitely the best and easiest way to go. Once you have used it, it will be an essential on every cruise. Don't leave home without it.

I like to sleep with the balcony door open....and YES....I forgot my bungee cord on one sailing.....I know people mention using the door stop but I just stuck a chair against the door and that worked just fine!

It does get hot and during the day I always keep the balcony door closed. I only like it open at night. We are sailing then and there is a nice breeze but when I get up in the morning I close that door and put the a/c back on!

We've booked a balcony stateroom on the Miracle - first time! - and was wondering if the doors were difficult to prop open. Thanks in advance.

I used a deck chair on the Miracle to keep mine open. The Miracle is a great ship have fun

Archived