Carnival Miracle Sunbathing Deck...

ttailgotcaught

My wife and I have been married for thirteen years and now in our mid 30's. We spent most of our 20's constructing our home which we still reside in. Therefore when we reached our thirties we both made a comittment to begin vacationing. We decided to start out with a cruise...and !!bam!! have been hooked for the past six years, and actulally this will be our first year we have been able to sqeeze two into one year with another on deck next spring.

But the main reason I am posting is to confess our love for Orient beach. We both derobed together on the beach during our first cruise and have made sure that St. Martin was part of every subsequent itenreary thereafter. It's the closest thing to returning to those fickle lustful honeymoon days that we look forward to sharing with one another every year (Let's just say it has been our outlet to keeping us youthful and free feeling) We are certainly not what I would consider "nudist" and are very conservative and monogomous parents of two beautiful daughters, but both enjoy sharing that day together. This cruise however will be the first time sailing without our favorite destination in site. I have heard carnival does however offer a deck for those free spirited enthusiast. Are there any past Carnival cruisers that have experienced this deck and is it well participated in and does it offer the same feeling aformentioned for both men and women?

Oh and by the way without bosting my wife and I are both "workoutaholics" and have been considered "head turners" and are not your stereotypical nude beach goer that doesn't belong there.

I'm sure you meant to post on the Carnival board, but I will answer anyway. The answer is they have a topless deck as does Celebrity. On Carnival you may have one or two people, but very few adventurous people. On Celebrity, most people don't realize they have the deck and I have yet to see anyone partake in it.

This is the Celebrity board. You might want to go over to the Carnival board for your answer, but there isn't a completely nude deck on any cruise ship unless you join one of the nudist cruises. There are one or two a year where a nudist organization charters a ship. Carnival has a topless deck up near the funnel.

My last two cruises on carnival I wandered up to the topless deck, encouraged to go up with new friends. Well the topless deck has become a bottomless deck for some, no one said anything, so I say "hey, whatever floats your boat" and left my suit on and didn't stare. It was very peaceful up there, I mean I would want to strike up a conversation or anything. Nothing obsene was going on, just 1 or 2 naked, some topless and some covered people sunning themselves. I have admit we did dub one guy "ugly naked man." He was actually a blessing in disguise, the male lurkers would come up, take one look at him, and head back down the stairs. Likely saved the topless girls from getting oogled by the guys looking for a free show.

'But the main reason I am posting is to confess our love for Orient beach. We both derobed together on the beach during our first cruise and have made sure that St. Martin was part of every subsequent itenreary thereafter. It's the closest thing to returning to those fickle lustful honeymoon days that we look forward to sharing with one another every year (Let's just say it has been our outlet to keeping us youthful and free feeling) We are certainly not what I would consider "nudist" and are very conservative and monogomous parents of two beautiful daughters, but both enjoy sharing that day together. This cruise however will be the first time sailing without our favorite destination in site. I have heard carnival does however offer a deck for those free spirited enthusiast. Are there any past Carnival cruisers that have experienced this deck and is it well participated in and does it offer the same feeling aformentioned for both men and women?"

Congrats to you?

:mad: C'mon folks....new poster, wrong board, issue that's sure to push some buttons here, this is a set up...don't waste the time to respond, like I just did.

I just want to know, 1) Why is the word nudist mentioned like it's a four letter word, 2) Why is it assumed that one can not be nudist and conservative parents and monogomous 3) Why the need to share all this with us? Sounds more like exhibitionism that nudism to me! You do realize that nudism has nothing to do with sex, right?

Yes they do. It's never marked, but if you ask staff they can point you in the right direction. It's usually the most out to the way deck often toward the front of the ship. It's allowed, but no advertised. Once again, Celebrity choosing to remain very subdued

Had a nice little plaque by the stairs near the bow on deck 11 or 12 that said 'Topless Sunbathing' (I think). I went up there one time and it was a lovely place, lots of chairs and a drink server walking through. Not a person sunning, but 2 guys using the view (landscape) to take pictures of the port we were coming into.

Tuggers,

Yes! I have also seen the sign. Millie had a sign with a similar identifier "topless sunbathing deck". It was at the very TIP TOP in front. I also have never seen anyone there, but I too used it to take some nice pictures.

Danno...you could not be further from the truth. This was in inadvertant post that until now I could not find on the Carnival thread. It wasn't until I got home from work and navigated cruise critic to find it in the Celebrity forum. I apologize for any inconvenience and will adderess my question to the Carnival cruisers. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience!! But I must say you must try it with your loved one if given the opportunity!!! Thanks so for fellow responders!!!

Archived